1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

People Reluctant To Step Out Of Their Comfort Zone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 29, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks for your posting nice and clear exposition on the subject.
    We have to adapt to new changes though it may be difficult in the initial stage.

I also feel more comfortable with land line than the cell phone. But during travel time we have no other option and so we have to use mobile phone only. I myself feel difficult to type in android phone, but somehow managing.
    PS

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear@SCSusila,
    Thanks for dropping in again and posting your view.
    I feel instead of acquiring too much material things which we can't take when we leave this world, it is desirable to gain knowledge especially spiritual knowledge.
    Too much of wealth causes jealousy and it leads to criminal activities.
    As you have said it depends on each ones preference and perception. Very few will be content with what they have and will remain in their comfort zone.
    PS

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

This is true of 99% of humanity. Even for minor matters they don't want to step out of their comfort zone. Even when it comes to matters like food give them a new dish, they will sniff it turn it around if they could before treating it like some bitter pill and putting it in their mouth.I know total carnivores who would eat anything (almost) that moves but would shy away from raw nonveg foods like sashimi or steak tartar when means eating raw fish or meat.

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

No "laziness" is not what makes people stay in their comfort zone ! its because they are happy and content ! The concept of stepping out of your comfort zone is really overrated and is best used by motivational speakers . In real life some people are risk takers , some are not . That's about it ! Does not make one right over the other or one more lazier than the other !!!

Mistt likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Balaji,
    Being a vegetarian I try to taste all vegetarian food. But now due to health problem I do avoid eating oily dishes and sweets with lots of ghee.
    I prefer to use landline phone as I feel comfortable with it. During travel I use simple mobile phones.
    Most of the people are afraid in Stepping out of comfort zone because of fear only.
    PS

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sandycandy,
    People who are happy and content might not wish to step out of their comfort zone not because of laziness, but out of fear. Some people might come out if they are inspired or motivated by others. Of course people have a right to choose what they want to do.
    PS