People in your Life

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by anurekha, Feb 19, 2006.

1. anurekha

anurekha New IL'ite

A Reason, A Season Or A Lifetime

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a reason, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a god-send, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, your desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered, and now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a season, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Regardless of whether the people in your life are here for a reason, a season or a lifetime, go show them that you love them!

1 person likes this.

2. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

people who come in to our life

friends,
    One thing was well explained by Anurekha ..yes some times some person enter ourlife with out no particular reason and by and by he or she would become the axis of our life cycle ..but gradually that axis would start taking possession of our conscience and being ..what do we do then ? shaking off that person would look like the only option .but what according to you all would be the apt answer .that person might have been the cynosure of one`s life for a certain time limit .when that person seems to neither move away or make any adjustments for the better ,what do we do ...showing him/her the door in the most sweetest way possible is my answer..what do you think of such a situation ?
    regards sushdew

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sush

I read your question many times. Is it possible to shake people off? Even if they are not useful anymore or have started becoming unbearable, it is not possible to shake them away. Maybe we can reduce our mental dependency on them, stop deriving our strength or joy from them, but will still have to hold those people close to our hearts.Atleast until such time, that they do not need us anymore emotionally.

Even with animals it is not easy. My German Shepherd was once my life and soul. He was my son. Then he became a real nasty beast, i don't know how and why. Still we kept him at home till he died. And even after that, it was difficult to be without him.

You have raised a good question though.

4. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

It's not so easy to shake off people!

Hi,

I agree with Vidya, it is not so easy to shake off people - for that matter any living being that we come across in life. Based on the dependency, wavelength & need may be we have them very close to our heart for some time, later maintain a little gap for some reason or distance, but we get to think about them mostly for good and sometimes for bad too.

People coming into our life for a reason, season or life time, they then remain forever in our life, atleast in our memories though we may not stay in constnat touch.

So in my opinion, regardless for what they come, as mentioned by Anurekha in her posting, we just need to take the time to show them that we love them, care for them and keep thinking of them.

Regards,
    Rathi

5. sushdevi

sushdevi Senior IL'ite

yes or no?

Hi Vidya,and all my induslady friends
    why i had put forth such a strange question is because such an incident is at the moment happening in my life . let me tell you about it with out mentioning any names ..he came in to my life with all promisses of fiscal and mental support.that was a time when i was having a bad rub with life as a widow with out enough monetory stands.
    so i got carried away by his caring .in between i tried to find a job too .but his promisses to see me well employed were just words .but then i didnot need one as he was helping in every possible way ..by and by he became a second nature to me .my son studied well and he went to become a software engineer with a No1 IT company ..but i didnot change faith towards this person who had become an anchor to me at my bad tidings .days and months passed and he became a heart patient.But priorities never changed as far as I was concerened .but he started becomming incorrigible ,as my son was going in to lofty heights career wise(touche) . This person started imposing himself up on me with out giving me a proper "status" ( I hope you understand what i had meant by that ) .I know it was his ego or rather lack of it that was playing truant with him .he started feeling that a woman who was finding means to exist solely because of his mercy, was now slowly becoming financially independent ,as her son was earning well .Although i didnot show off on this ,he started feeling it .Things reached a saturation point when he started becomming rude and indifferent to any of my demands for a closeness .that was when i told him in the sweetest way possible not to visit me.
    All this happened 2 months back..he must be waiting for me to make the first move towards a reconciliation .But i don`t feel like making one ,as i don`t find myself guilty of any thing .if i make a move to break this silence ,don`t you all feel that he would spend allhis stored up venom called 'super ego' on me ?..and that it would like fanning his animosity more ?he is feeling like a hurt animal ..it was all his making ..so friends ,don`t you feel that it is better to leave him alone to nurse his hurt ego himself .
    he had made his bed ..let him sleep on it .
    i don`t have much reliable friends around here.that is why i have published my situation on this thread .so that i can get some valued reasoning from all my Indus lady friends .
    so please do tell me
    love sushdevi

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2006
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sush

It almost looks like you have no problem here, by God's Grace. if you told your friend not to visit you and he has not made any attempts to contact you for two months, then it appears like all is over.

You wanted to end the friendship, you told him so and you got your wish. So why make renewed contact?

IL is a more close knit group, so you have lots of friends here.

best regards
    Vidya

PS: I am also from Kerala