Pensée: E & G Chatter

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Oriana, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Feels like I am back in childhood, the rains stopped and all kids come out of their houses and make kaagaz ki kishti (paper boats) to float in the water and form memories to later nostalgically recall. : )

So nice to see all the posts. And nice to note that so far, I could follow and mostly understand each post posted in E&PG this year. : )

kaniths and Gauri03 like this.
  3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

I have been reading "Mahabharata" these days. No, not story books or in any epic format.
    Reading tales of Mahabharata in wikipedia. You should try that.

Satyavati agrees to comply with Parashara on virgo intacta condition
    (Linked entry to virgo intacta)

Ambika and Ambalika agree for a levirate consort with Veda Vyasa
    (Linked entry to levirate marriages in Continental Europe and Holy Roman Empire)

Kunti and Madri give birth via ...

It is funny to say the least to read such narratives in contemporary lens. The editors of these entries have a sense of humour to blend sanctity with modernity.

Where else would I find irreverent and roughish crowd to share this with ..(shush)

vaidehi71, kaniths and Rihana like this.
  4. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

I have no fond memories of kaagaz ki kashti

I was about seven or eight years and was fond of playing with those kashtis. One rainy day I reflected that lowering such kashtis onto stagnant puddles does not ensure far out sails. So I plodded to the nearest drainage canal (which by the way are clear in rains) and swung my kashti onto the canal so that my boats travel the farthest. I bent forward to peep at my wobbling boat and fell headlong into the canal. A passing uncleji ran, hauled me and sent me home. My mom dowsed five Dettol bottles on me that day and scraped my skin with coconut peel. I ask her at times if I am adopted or there was a mix-up at the hospital when she is so frustrated with my antics. I have mellowed a lot. These days I am good, kisi ko (itna) pareshan nahi karthi.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    vaidehi71, kaniths, Vaikuntha and 2 others like this.
  5. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have one super fond memory of kagaz ki kashti. Heavy monsoon rains meet hole in the ground left after a construction dig. The rains filled it up to make a yucky garbage-filled puddle. My brother and his best friend decide to float paper boats in it. All is okay initially, then my brother's boat gets stuck in the middle of the puddle. His 6-yr old brain decides saving the boat is imperative, dirty puddle be damned. So he starts swimming through the muck and my dad sees him. My horrified father comes running, wades into the puddle, pulls him out and spanks him right there! Oh the joy of seeing your sibling getting one in public!:clapclap:I never let him live it down. Those were simpler times. No one batted an eyelash! Here it would have been all dirty looks and CPS. Dad carried my bawling brother home and mom hosed him down in the front verandah! :D

kaniths likes this.
  6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Edited: Private details deleted.
    Mod can remove this blank post.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

Someone hurry up and start Pensee V2.0 before kaniths wakes up, reads long posts and starts to think this is V2.0 : )

8. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Edited: Private details removed.
    Mod can remove this blank post.

9. Rihana

The 'not even wrong' was a delightful detour from the work day to read. I am tempted to go brush up my very ancient and rusty German just to be able to say that in German - Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig; es ist nicht einmal falsch! ("That is not only not right; it is not even wrong,")

A certain fräulein in India with whom I practiced Guten Morgen and Ich heisse fräulein .... is going to see a surprising message in her whatsapp.

10. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Moppet, you know where this is going. On next page from kaagaz we are into papier mache, origami, kirigami (is anyone looking up the difference between them) and the fond memories associated with childhood pranks.

Ah! If he had hesitated, then I would have thought that his brain was malfunctioning. Six-year-olds are supposed to scurry, dive and flap in a puddle to rescue their damned Titanic.

What kind of a sista does not flung an underwater fishbowl glass helmet and polarised goggles at this gallant bro.

Evil Sista!

There was a time when garden hoses were used less on plants on more on errant kids.
    Long time since I heard gritty "verandah" from a friend amidst these fashionable patios and porticoes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.