Pebbles Or Bubbles

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by periamma, Mar 27, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Most women of my generation are like Pebbles.we were also like a hard rock once with sharp edges.words which flows out in full swing cut down the edges and shaped the rock as a pebble.Finally there was no over flowing and the pebble gets appreciation for it’s beauty and liked by all.A question may arise now in which way the Pebble looks beautiful .yes the Pebble looks beautiful without sharp edges and have a polished surface which do no harm to others.

Today many young girls are like bubbles .A Bubble looks beautiful showing various colours which it gets from the source of light.They fly high in the air but disappears suddenly due to the hot rays from the source of light . which gives life do the destruction too .

Women were not financially independent those days but they had the patience to withstand problems and stood with firm feet .Now the girls are employed and are financially independent but they can’t live a life of their own choice.They get frustrated and lose the happiness.Finally a rift is seen between partners.seeing so many young ones with a bare look after marriage as they lose the charm of life give a lot of pain to parents.

Whom are we to blame?The young ones or their parents or the circumstances or the society?young ones mentioned here are both the male and the female.Tolerance level declines gradually in every generation.i have less tolerance than my mother and my daughter has less than my level .This is natural but we have to be like reeds sometime turning our face along with the winds and stand steady after the flow subsides.This is one way to lead a peaceful life.if we burst out with one shot it is very hard to create a peaceful and beautiful life .

There are excemption in all generation and so I am not blaming only the young generation.i want to ask a simple question my friends.whom do you think the stronger the previous generation or today’s younger generation?opinion may vary from people to people and so share your views here.Even I may lack some qualities which I want to learn from others .There is no age par for learning .

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I am from the younger generation, so I guess I am a little biased. I don't think that either generation is "Stronger", though the previous generation have had to survive in a difficult time, where there were fewer options for women. There are women who have found ways to reach contentment with their partners, while there are women that end up devoting their entire life and energy to their children (in an abnormal way, I mean), instead. Woman of this generation have far more options (though decisions are still just as difficult), so they seem to take the "easy way out" or something similar.

The people I mention in this post, I absolutely love, irrevocably, but I do see their flaws.
    My grandmother's marriage was a child marriage within relations - her initial years in her marriage was horrible and abusive, and yet, she stayed in her marriage (no choice, really) and is a wonderful grandmother. While her tolerance to her situation might have been higher than mine, her experience has damaged her perception on certain people and (I believe) has contributed in raising a son who is not fit for marriage. This uncle is married and has 3 daughters. He was a drunk, and is fairly verbally abusive and possibly physically abusive, though he has improved greatly now. The way he treats his wife, is disgusting to me, though acceptable to my family (I'm sure it's not approved by the family, but no one does anything about it). His wife hasn't left him, though I could see that she has every right to leave. Does it make her stronger to stay? Or would it be worse for her own parents and her children, if she ran back to them? Would her 3 daughters be able to attend a good school or get married if she was a divorcee? Sure, these are women that didn't earn money for a living, so naturally, they had to stay. But what about the working women, like my MIL. Despite her insistence that her husband treats her wonderfully, I can hardly see it. I'm sure her life was far worse when she was first married, but despite crying everyday at work because of something that happened at home, she stuck to her marriage. I can call her strong, for staying despite her options, but did she really have an option? She had a newborn, she was still expected to contribute money to the joint family household, her parents did not have the means and were not going to take her back in.

As a "Bubble" generation girl, I am quite independent and headstrong, but I still try to stick with my husband despite it going terribly at times. I do know I have options, so it gives me comfort that if it gets any worse, I do have an option to get out. In my perception, leaving is far scarier than staying, so leaving seems like the "stronger" person's choice. It may actually be just as difficult to stay and work it out. In my case, I have a child to worry about. If I feel like I cannot raise him well in my marriage, I would leave.

These are just my thoughts. I don't feel like any woman is weaker/stronger, though I believe that how we perceive our situation is a great strength that some woman have succeeded. Tolerance isn't strength, but feeling personal joy and contentment, regardless of situation, is quite powerful. It is our personal duty to take care of ourselves and respect each other. When a woman can be the best version of herself, I find that she has the most to contribute to her family.

sindmani, Sandycandy, Mistt and 9 others like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@BhumiBabe Thanks for sharing your views.well said

satchitananda likes this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

very nice views mmaa.

though there are common grounds of issues for either generation, the parameters of perception/realities has evolved and changed quite a lot. at the same time the bars have been raised as in sports after a record has been broken.

my view on most issues faced by women have been the same whichever generation it is/has - the fight is not against the known dubious man supremacy but it is actually versus the unknown fight of a women against a woman - that is what is actually keeping them down.

5. Anusowmyan

Anusowmyan Gold IL'ite

women face a lot of challenges, she needs extra courage & patience to win over it. Few problems are similar with both the generations, variation lies only with the time & circumstances, ' Decision making is the key', for that family support, education & clear analysis of the problem from both the sides may lead to a good result.

periamma likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

7. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

I agree. The most difficult adversary women face is the scrutiny and slander of other women. If we become united and supportive, the quality of life of all women would improve.

8. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

i do believe in aurat hi aurat ki dushman, recent realization

sindmani likes this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GoogleGlass Thanks for sharing your views

10. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@hermitcrab sorry i don't know Hindi .can you please give the translation for aurat hi aurat ki dushman,Thank you