1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Weight Gain

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by anniekarun, Apr 3, 2012.

1. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

dear happyn25,

malai vembu is one of the type of neem tree.

..abi..

2. PanMan

PanMan New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I was also diagnosed with PCOS long time back and knew since then that it would affect my fertility + other probs. After 1.5 yrs of marriage we were ready start a family but I knew beforehand that I would have to undergo long fertility treatments. Before giving a serious try , I researched web extensively , changed diet and statrted swimming / walk etc and tried to loose 2-3 kgs (although I had normal body weight) withing 2 months. I researched about the herbal drug "VITEX" which is easily available here in US (dont know about India). Tried the drug+excercise controlled healthy diet + regular intercourse (as PCOS have delayed or no ovulation) and got the results in 2 months.
    Yes we are expecting now..

I just want to tell all PCOS sufferers , dont be depressed, seriously try to change the lifestyle and about "Vitex" , its a herbal drug but please research and consult a doctor before taking it.I always had cycle length somewhere between 35-40 , somethimes 42, 55 even 60 once. Though I did regular yoga and tried homeopathy for sometime and I guess it was effective.

Found on internet that loosing 5% of weight stimulates ovulation in PCOS case.

Go for it!!

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

congrats panman. weight reduction, healthy lifestyle & food habits will bring tremendous changes in the body.

1 person likes this.