1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Weight Gain

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by anniekarun, Apr 3, 2012.

1. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

hi abhinaya,
    can u pls translate the content in english, i can understand tamil but cant read it :)

2. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

A healthy and balanced diet can help a great deal in dealing with Ovarian Cysts. Vitamin B and vitamin E, in particular, are highly beneficial in controlling the production of hormones, thereby avoiding Ovarian Cysts as well. Therefore, the diet should include judicious amounts of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, legumes, whole grains etc.<!--?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /-->
    In addition, adequate intake of water is also recommended. Women suffering from the condition should focus on the inclusion of high fiber foods in the diet in order to reduce symptoms relating to abdominal discomfort caused by constipation. Diuretic foods like parsley, watercress etc are useful in reducing inflammation.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  3. anniekarun

anniekarun New IL'ite

Hi Fnds,

Met the doc on Fri, now PCOS is nil, but my testosterone level is high, hw to reduce that.

How far this will affect infertility

4. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

Friends,

anyone please suggest good doctor for pcos and getting pregnant.

abi..................

5. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

friends,
    iam having a history of unovulatory cycle...iam over weight also.how to get pregnant with pcos????

6. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

Do you ever feel that pcos is some sort of way just to torture us? Ok so here is my thing, I have been trying to concieve for 2 years now. This month I have been feeling pregnant. I have the symptoms of it. Im nausaus, smells get to me, my boobs hurt, on and on. I take pregnancy test, and it came back negative. yet my period is late. I dunno i just need to vent. It just seems life is just so unfair. I just want to cry sometimes.

7. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

@annie

what did the doctor suggest , did she give any medicines to reduce it , one thing you can do is search the internet for natural food which will reduce it, that way u will not have any side effects also

@abi,

are u in chennai currently ?? I have consulted two doctors in chennai , but those where just for regularising my periods in my teenage.
    my first advice would be to reduce your weight along with following a low gi diet and exercise .
    This is the 1st step any doctor will suggest in pcos , and i have also heard this advice from ladies who have concieved with pcos.

8. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

hello abi,
    I can understand your pain . I also suffer from pcos , and had detected it as early as when I was 18 years old. I am married now , we are not trying to concieve yet will plan by next year . And trust me i get depressed just thinking about that will pcos affect my chances of pregnancy. so i can understand how you must be feeling . Keep yourself positive , there are many women out there who have concieved with pcos. You need a good doctor , self determination and some modifications in your diet and routine.
    Many people are completely fit but still are not able to get pregnant and i know many women who inspite of having lot of health issues have delivered. So it is almighty's wish also , so when the time is right , things will fall in place .just keep faith in god and be positive

9. abigavas

abigavas Bronze IL'ite

hai happyn25 ,

thank you so much for your kind words.thank you so much.
    iam in chennai only.currently iam undergoing treatment for pcos along with getting pregnant in E.V Kalyani fertility center since 2012 jan.i am an over weight and i got reduced 10 more kgs due to doctor advice.
    after taking birth control pills and metformin i got regular periods for 3 months(jan.feb.march).last month itseltf bills has been stoped.i expect my cycle should be regularised and am waiting for my period this april.
    iam reaching age 23..

abi...

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

abigavas, Welcome to IL Health Forum.

PCO is very common in ladies now-a-days. There are many ILites who have shared their experience. Many of them conceived inspite of having PCO. With the guidance from good doctor, right medicine, you can conceive. Keep yourself stress free (worry free) which is the most important factor. Then your diet, exercise. Well co-ordinated efforts will definitely prove good.

After 45 days (if you don't get periods) do a urine test for pregnancy. You should be happy, confident to succeed. Lot of baby dust to you and best wishes.