1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Weight Gain

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by anniekarun, Apr 3, 2012.

1. anniekarun

anniekarun New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been suffering from PCOD for almost more than one yr and still i m facing menustrual irregularity, now that i m married since 2 months, i want to know will it affect the fertility.

Adding, i have gained lot of weight. How to reduce ?

Regards,
    ANnie

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

HI annie,

Welcome to IL Health Forum.

PCOS only reduce the chances but today the medical treatment has advanced hence with regular medication one can conceive. Excess weight is the real culprit hence try to control your diet and work out & shred the extra weight at the earliest which will help you conceive early.

Just refer some threads on PCOs already discussed here. There are lot of ILites who have shared their experience on the same and how they conceived with PCOs.

here is a link for you http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/156260-gynaecology-index-important-useful-threads.html

Best wishes and baby dust to you :)

3. swiss

swiss Gold IL'ite

Hi Anniekarun

I have PCOS from 2 years and had irregular cycles. What you need to do is change your lifestyle a bit, get up and get moving! Try to include atleast 30-45 mins of activity everyday and eat healthy(less carbs + more fruits and veggies). Once you reduce atleast 5 to 10% of your weight, your periods will regularize and other symptoms will reduce.

It is definitely possible to get pregnant with PCOS if that is what you are worried about. But do consult a doc before you plan for a baby and get all your hormones and levels checked and once you get pregnant also, you need to take a little extra care. Also its good to reduce your weight a bit before you plan for a baby(in case you are over weight).

Well all this is from my own experience, hope it helps you too..
    Stay positive and Good Luck!:)

1 person likes this.
  4. anniekarun

anniekarun New IL'ite

Thnk u so much.. i did consult with a 2 doc.. one said i have PCOS and another i have high prolactin... i had developed a huge douible chin and am not sure if its cos of this.

5. vandanasr

vandanasr New IL'ite

Having fenugreek soaked in water overnight as first thing in morning helped regularise my cycle (I also have PCOS). But I hear fenugreek can increase prolactin levels, so if your problem is high prolactin, you should stay away from fenugreek. I recommend Ayurvedic medication (like M2tone) for PCOS, but consult an ayurvedic doctor before you take medicines. Don't take harmone pills given by allopathy doctors. It really messes up your health

6. anniekarun

anniekarun New IL'ite

Thnaks.. this was one docs diagonosis as high prolactic... other doc says PCOS. am confused

7. Apku

Apku New IL'ite

Hi Annie,

Start making small changes to the way you eat and watch what you eat; If you are a rice and wheat eater; please give up rice altogether and avoid having wheat at night; the gluten present in wheat seems to affect people more with PCOS..
    Start with some physical activity as little as walking for 40 minutes daily..

Dont get stressed over small things;stay happy always :)

All the best

8. anniekarun

anniekarun New IL'ite

Hey

Thanks yes i m quite stressed at times. I met the doc on sat.. n PCOS is nil now my count of endometrium is less. How can i rectify this, will this affect fertility

9. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Lets first see what happens in PCOS. Its condition where insulin level gets deranged which leads to hormonal imbalance. So meet your Gynaec for hormonal problem. then comes the insulin derangement. So Diet has a major role in this. You have to take Low glycemic index diet.

Your insulin will remain low and you will not gain weight.

Take care ,

Dr surabhi jain

10. misbahjawad

misbahjawad New IL'ite

hi
    im also suffering with the same problem i.e. PCOS but my hormonal tests shows that they r normal in range . i was married in 2006 and dignosed with PCOS from last 10 yrs almost. and im trying to concieve but all in vain. plz help me too with this issue
    thanks