1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS Treatment in Chennai

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Smitham84, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Dear All ,

I was diagnosed with PCOS yesterday.and yet to show the scanning results to the doctor . My baby is just 1 year old and i never had this prob before pregnancy ... .... I had my delivery in Seethapathy hospital Royapettah but i went to Dr.Deepa Lakshmikanthan in Arokya hospital for this issue ( i had early periods and feelng dizzy...so i thought may be some silly prob) . and she suggested ultra sound scan.and the scan showed bilateral PCOS .

I'm in a very confused state now....
    1. Is doctor Deepa good in PCOS treatment?
    2. if not can you please suggest any other doctor in Chennai who is good in PCOS treatment?(Its very difficult to get appointment in seethapathy....).. A doctor close to velachery is prefered because i've a 1 yr old baby girl and its difficult to travel with the baby .
    3. Is PCOS completely curable and wht are the other side effects of this problem ?
    4. will tht affect my next TTC?
    Please help me friends....

2. sarayua2004

sarayua2004 Bronze IL'ite

dear smitha,

I can understand ur agony...even I have pcos...its not a very complicated issue to be over worried. If velachery is near by u can go to Athipathy hospital near tansi nagar..its in the main road. I Have gone there when I was in velachery..she does not give over dose medicine and gives a clear idea of the problem...But be prepared as PCOS is a syndrome which cannot to be cured completely..If u dont take treatment also it will not harm u..but u will have ups and down mood swings, irregular periods etc etc...and also diabetic..u will have to take the medicines exercise regularly and control diet...Well easily said but difficult to maintain the routine as we know when a kid is around we often forget about our health...consult the doctor in athipathy...wish u good health

take care

1 person likes this.
  3. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sarayu ...

Thanks a lot dear.....where exactly is thansi Nagar?
    since how long you have this prob? and are you still in medication?or just controlling with excersise and diet?

4. mrskannan

mrskannan Bronze IL'ite

Hi smitha, from your statement it is clear you are in beginning stage of PCOS. You could try alternative medicine (in particular homeopathy) for curing your complaint.
    We can say PCOS is curable or non curable depending on the stage of the syndrome.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.
  5. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

@ MrsKannan ... thanks a lot for the response .....
    and yes im in the begining stage of PCOS .even i thought of going to a homeo doctor but im not aware about any good doctors here in chennai. . have to find a doctor and consult . till then im planning to continue this medicine(Metaformine) with diet and excersices .

6. mrskannan

mrskannan Bronze IL'ite

Thats nice. Exercise and diet will help you a lot.

1 person likes this.
  7. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

HI ILs ,

Thought of posting the results of my diet and medication on PCOS because i think it may help a lot of ladies here .....

I'm under homeopathy medication for almost 45 days and its getting better now ...

reduced 5 kgs , taking regular excercises and following a diet which my doctor suggested (its very useful and will post it in a different thread ) .

So the conclusion is the combination of good diet , Excersice and medication will help us a lot )

8. yoganethra

yoganethra New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    im one among those who are suffering from pcos.i have developed this after my first delivery and I don't get my periods naturally after taking medicine after taking tablets forinducing I get my periods.ive tried all kind of medications from Ayurvedic till allopathy nothing seems to work feeling very agitated. Also weight loss seem to be a very big challenge.Doctors in chennai ask me not worry as I'm happy with my daughter and don't want to go for second one but is there any real remedy for this enormous syndrome .my relatives have suggested me to have a consultation with dr.umaram of seethapathy clinic don't know whether it will work out basically I'm not a negative person but this syndrome pushes me to the extent that I loose hope in everything and feel irritated.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

Hello Yoganethra ,

Even I do have Pcos and was diagnosed after my 1st delivery and it was in the beginning stage) . Now I am on homeopathy medication for almost 10 months(the doctor is not in Chennai but in my hometown-Kerala ) .
    Almost all the symptoms of pcod are vanished now . like my periods are regular , facial hair growth and body weight has been reduced a lot ... I feel more energetic and I don't have mood swings now .some Small cysts are still there but not growing anymore.. my doctor said that it may take some time to become pCOS free.

You please don't worry.I think you are also in the beginning stage and definitely its curable . May be you are feeling so down like this because of the hormonal changes due to PCOS.I also had the same problem .

You can visit Umaram in Seethapathy .She is a wonderful doctor.I had my delivery in Seethapathy and am very happy with the doctor and the hospital . The people there are very good.

All the best and prayers for your treatment. Get well Soon .

1 person likes this.
  10. yoganethra

yoganethra New IL'ite

Thank you smitham I've been suffering from this since 6 years . Hope everything goes well soon I'm happy seeing ur reply thanks a lot

1 person likes this.