PCOS support

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mdubdm, Apr 12, 2015.

1. mdubdm

mdubdm New IL'ite

I need some help and information regarding Hypo-Thyroid & PCOS issues. I have been married for over a year. Ever since my puberty, I had irregular periods, had hirsutism (unwanted hair on face and other areas). Went to a gynecologist when I was in college around 5 years back and she suspected PCOS and did some tests. She said that there is chance that I might have PCOS and said she needed to run more tests to confirm it but due to various reasons I ignored it without realizing its implications.

I have irregular periods where they were absent for more than 6-7 months. I used to wait for 6-7 months and then take medicines for it.Couple of months back I went to Gyn for regular checkup and doctor diagnosed that I have HypoThyroid. Couple of days back, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Doctor says that it's better if I plan for kids right away as it might get difficult after few years.But my husband before marriage itself told me that he wants kids only after 4 years after marriage to which I agreed.I'm 26 now which will make me 29 when we plan for kids. I told him current situation and he says there is no way he will change his plans and he says there are many ways in which I can get pregnant with present medical advancements. He says life will be hell if we have kids in haste and we should only plan when both of us are absolutely ready.

I have been researching a lot and found mixed results. Some encouraging news where they were able to have kids naturally after trying for year or two, some after lot of efforts/treatment and some just gave up after trying for years. I found lots of materials on internet about treatments, diets,tips etc,. but would like to have a direct communication with some one who has been through this situation. SO much information on internet is overwhelming and confusing me. Is it possible through forms here ?

Apart from these physical medical conditions, I have been feeling guilty around my husband. We did not tell them about my health issues before marriage(PCOS, unwanted hair) and now I find out that it's difficult to do the most important task of a wife i.e give life. Apart from that, my husband after our marriage came to know about my past affair with all the specifics.I lied to him that I had a clean past. He forgave me and loves me even though he did not have any affairs. To add to it, this PCOS thing now.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. sricielo108

sricielo108 New IL'ite

hi mdubdm,
    I'm also in the same boat as yours. I'm 28 yrs old now and I got married at the age of 25. My husband and I waited for 3 years to ttc coz we were studying masters. and with working and studying part time makes it difficult for us to think about baby. I started trying just 1 month ago and my periods are also irregular especially during winter times have hypo thyroid and pcos.. I'm doing exercise 5 times a week, plus kaayakalpa yoga regularly. Hoping something positive will happen soon.

How much weight you are now? Try to reduce some weight. it will help to regulate your periods. So that when you are trying for baby it would become easier.

3. sangeeG

sangeeG Silver IL'ite

Hi

even I had pcod and conceived with help of medicines like letoval which helped in egg ovulation and growth.my daughter is 3 years now.

i am now pregnant again without any medications and treatment.
    the main reason I feel is no stress and I reduced my weight a lot and also healthy eating habit.

so maintain a healthy eating habit, weight, exercise till you are ready to TTC.
    If your periods are irregular consult a doc when you are ready to TTC.

dont worry now but don't postpone like 4 years maybe 2 years will be ideal.

regards
    sangeetha

4. sadhana11

sadhana11 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sricielo108,

I am also planning to start my ttc. I am currently pursuing my masters in california. Can you pm me. I am also from chennai.

5. sricielo108

sricielo108 New IL'ite

Hi Sadhana,
    Nice to meet you.. I haven't familiar with indusladies features yet. Can you please add me and send a message?