PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Reema2

Reema2 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have been diagnosed with PCOD last year however my periods are not affected at all. Idon't show any signs of a PCOD person. I am a little overweight though and the doctor showed me the string of pearls near my ovary during one of the scans. I needed to know if I ovulate regularly? Do the ovulation signs(clear CM, increased drive etc) in a PCOD person mean that they have actually ovulated that month if in case they have'nt charted their temerature? Hope I was able to explain my doubt :)

2. madhunathan

madhunathan New IL'ite

Re: Ovarian drilling and PCOS: Questions, doubts

hi, i am madhumitha. this is the first time i am posting.
    i have undergone ovarian drilling last week. my doc told that it will reduce hormonal imbalance and need less dosage.

3. rose29

rose29 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I am suffering from pco.doctor put ,e on medication.metformin tablet.which is making me so drowsy,and tired.i thimk my sugar goes down.coz of this medicine.dont know wht to do.now i am not having this.i am also doing all weight controll diet.anybody know tht we can cure pco completely? Or will trouble this always?

4. pd014

pd014 New IL'ite

I also started taking treatment for PCOD, My doc suggested to try naturally for couple of months before taking any sort of treatment, I started diet n exercising and lost 3kg last month. As per doc, its a healthy weight loss. According to him, losing every kg will boost fertility by 10%. so he said continue your routine and meanwhile ll try naturally.
    I had irregular periods, but last month i got regular period but he still put me on contraception to get a period exactly by 28 days. he said it is part of the treatment.now he also put me on metformin twice a day.he also gave clomifene to take from 3rd day and do folical study and start Duphaston on 17th day to induce fertility.
    I did ask him about overy drilling and he is not sure in my case. Though my ultrasound showed small crysts but he said it isnt that serious.
    my sis also had same problem but she also conceived with similar treatment. SO i am confident that overy drilling should be the last option.
    pls consult a good gync. that is the only way out of this problem
    Good luck!!

5. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi
    My both ovaries have multiple atretic follicles predominately arranged peripherally with central echogenic stroma.Can any one tell me what is multiple small follicles and what is bilateral polycystic appearance of ovaries? I have regular periods (30 days) But still unable to conceive. Can anyone explain what is the above stated issue and is it curable?

6. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Re: Is drilling for PCOS is necessary in order to get pregnant?

HI Margret,

I am diagonised with PCOS, and currently under Metformin for 2 months.. I am supposed to meet my Doc once i get periods..
    can you please give me that diet plan as i am trying 2 loose my weight..

Thanks...

BABY DUST TO ALL

7. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Re: Ovarian drilling and PCOS: Questions, doubts

HI

Can u please tell me its cost and details please.. And did your doc directly do ovarian drilling first or first tried clomid and then chose this method ???