PCOS: Questions, doubts

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rad, Mar 27, 2007.

1. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

Hair growth and Hormonal Imbalance - URGENT HELP NEEDED

Dear all,
    Iam aswathy. Pls find a suitable reply for mi problem.
    Iam 29 yrs, 82 kg and 167 cms height also i have irregular periods from the date of maturation (at 13 yrs) also i have a 6 yr daughter now and after delivery i gained this much of weight and i have hair on mi chin some acnes and warts around mmi neck everyone told me these are all of hormone imbalance really i was worried at that time.

Before 1 year my husband's friend one gynecologist suggested me to take METFORMIN 500 CAPSULES for some mnths she said with these symptoms i may have PCOS she did nt asked me for any scanning etc....

As per her instruction i ate tablets 1 each daily at night and periobs have come not delaying that much time and hairgroth was slow i think... 3 mnth b4 i stopped the medicine now periods coming with 10-12 days delay from the period date ...but this hair growth is very fast it seems. Also i have lots of pimples at my face (alier mi face was clean)

Iam asking that shall i continue the medicine Is there any side effects for taking that ?
    Iam really worried ant this hairs and pimples.

Urgent help needed.

Pls advice really need u r suggestions

Best Regards
    Aswathy

2. margrat

margrat New IL'ite

Re: Is drilling for PCOS is necessary in order to get pregnant?

Hi all,
    Tks for all your replies, really appreciate all your thoughts & advice.
    I was really in deep thought & lil stressed out thinking abt what I shall do. Your replies have indeed made me sit down & focus in one thing at a time.
    Am now currenty focusing & working on to loose weight & to be healthy. I managed to loose 2KGs in 1 month. Therefore, am more excited & encouraged to continue. I hope to loose ard 15 KGs in half a year. I hope I will stay focused & discipline till I reach the goal. Thanks lot for all your supports & encouragements.

3. priya82

priya82 New IL'ite

Hi,

Though it was posted a while back, I thought of informing you it is better to check with a gyno if you have PCOS. Many PCOS women have Insulin Resistance which increases the risk for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease.

Yes, PCOS women can conceive but sometimes need medical assisstance.

----------------------------------
    Priya
    http://pcos-india.blogspot.com

4. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Ovarian drilling....

Hi all,

I am undergoing ovarian drilling tomorrow. I have read its pros and cons and the pros seem to outweigh the cons. Also, my gynec says it will help me a lot as a lot of my other health factors are supportive to this method of treating PCOS. So am going for it. If anybody else has undergone this procedure, do let me know if you have had success by this method. I hope I will get better with this and conceive in spite of my PCOS. Will let you all know what happens. Well, some of you might wonder why I'm posting this.........its just that I am nervous and I hope I will not be one of those rare cases where things go wrong. I am trying to gather my hopes around me and I just felt you folks at IL will understand. :) Will keep you all posted.

Regards,
    (a very nervous) Anitha

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Re: Ovarian drilling....

Dear Anitha,

Do not get anxious dear! Though i do not know about this drilling ,yet i take this opportunity to wish you good luck. Nowadays there is so much improvement in modern scietntific methods that I am sure you will yield good results. All the very best to you and hope to hear the good news from you soon!!

Tons of Regards,
    Devika

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devika,

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words! My spirits do soar on reading them. :) I am sincerely hoping I have happy news soon. By the way, in the drilling process, they rupture the cysts in the ovaries through a laparoscopic procedure. This seems to work for a lot of women with PCOS who are not too overweight and are young. Nobody knows why exactly ovarian drilling works, but it does! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Regards,
    Anitha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi AnithA,

Don't worry. Thing will definitely work for you. some times, cysts are to be drilled to be drilled and removed to enable better prospects for pregnancy.

I did not have any drilling..only removal of cyst and laproscopic is more easier, you will be home and normal within days.

All the best..will pray for your speedy recovery.

8. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Anitha,
    Be cheerful.You will be totally okay :)Wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.Take care dear!

9. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

That's a good Idea. I've been through this process and you know what, I got conceived as well. It's a god's gift. I think Iam the person you are looking for. I went through this process on 2002 and got pregenant on the same month it self. As shanvy mentioned, it's a very simple process and you can be at home on the same day. You would not feel anything...... no pain at all except the tiny holes stiches, which would disappear within few days. But I know, what you must be going through. Mine was even worser, I didn't had a clue what I was going through and was not at all expecting success. My gynac told me, we will just try this process and see. But god answered our prayers and it worked. It was totally unexpected.

After this, I didn't even had any medication and I conceived normally. One thing I would suggest is, please please try not to think about the results now. I know it's very hard, but don't expect. Just say to god, I am undergoing this process as per your plan and the rest is in your hand.
    As far as the procedure is concern, don't worry. It is very simple.

ALL THE BEST DEAR. :kiss

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Anitha,
    don't worry dear,i have undergone this method...no probs at all...they'll put a very tiny hole,u donno anything,they'll give anesth' ....morning i went, evening i came to house,next morning i became very normal,did routine works...so don't worry dear,u'll tell us the good news soon....all the best....:)