1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOS- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by smileypriya, Dec 23, 2009.

Do you even know you have PCO?

1. I know and I am on a treatment plan.

50 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. I don't know if I do, but I am on METFORMIN/ Glyciphage medication.

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. I don't know but I do have symptoms. I may need to check with my gynaec.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I don't know

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya,

My gyn had told me to give a gap of 5 - 6 mnths so that it gives time for the uterus to heal and get healthy to hold the fetus...You can consult ur doc regarding this...I was 74kgs... wen i got married...Now it is 63...I am trying my best to go down to 58 or so...lets c...

2. amazing

amazing New IL'ite

Hi, even im too facing pcod problem, i have irregular periods from begining.now its almost 3 yrs of marriage and now planning to concieve, i have started taking treatement from last 8 months and no result, the gynaec call me for follicular study after giving 5 day tab. im too overweight 68 kg i dont know how will i reduce, he told me yo shed extra kilos, why women has to face all problem, the most frustrating part is waiting in que for ur turn in hospital i have to wait fot atleat 2 hrs for just 2 min follice study the most embarssing part is to lie on bed in front of internship docs and nurses, i hope u all know it. i hope i get the result soon.

3. need4info

need4info New IL'ite

hi [​IMG],

Everyone plz hear my problem[​IMG] needed for me..... I have Polycystic ovaries from my puberty... i had taken lot of allopathic medicines ... but of no use ... that is diane35... actually the symptoms became worsen..... unwanted hairs, thinning of my hair , periods irregular for more than 5 months.:drowning:drowning... On dec 1 week 2009, i went to a homeopath (Akbarshar, Purashawalkam) he prescribed some medicines ... i dont know what it is... but the periods came once after taking it within 5 days...
    Again the period is not coming .... i am confused[​IMG]... so plz someone suggest me whether my decision is good ... or i need to change the homeopath.... one more thing, my marriage is fixed in the september....plz help me out

Thanks and regards
    Sara

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amazing & Sara,
    Counsult a gynec & take up the treatments properly. Wait patiently to see the results. Any medicine will take some time to cure the hormone balance.
    Do regular exercises. Eat more veggies, greens, fruits & protein rich food. Avoid carbohydrate intake. You can control the effect of PCOS with proper care & medicines.
    Stay positive & change your lifestyle to match the requirement.

To you Amazing, there is a subforum in this forum which talks on TTC & PCOS. please visit it! Baby dust to you.
    Fertility & Trying to Conceive - IndusLadies

5. need4info

need4info New IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,
    I have seen 3 Gynacs so far. Only they will prescribe birth control pills for 6 months. and that time due to that hormonal supplement i will get the periods .
    i think now they have switched over for metformin i think. it is given for diabetes patients. but i want to make it natural. i found that it is some endocrinal diorders. i want a only permanant solution for this . either naturopathy or homeopathy. it wont induce the periods. it will correct the organs and hormones in a proper manner.
    so only got confused who is the best homeopath in the city

Regards
    Sara

6. Vasumathy

Hi Sara,
    PCOS comes with hormonal imbalance. Its very common that your prescribed with Metformin. Metformin is to help the type 2 diabetics. PCOS if not treated will lead to diabetics in future. Hormonal imbalance will take some time to get into balance. You need to put your efforts too with these medication, so that you will shed your excess weight & PCOS effects can be controlled.

Once hormone balance comes properly, if you maintain your weight & sugar level(insulin resistance), you will be able to bring regular periods.

See i am a good example for it. I was with PCOS & came to know about it only after marriage & started to take Metformin. I am taking Metformin for more than 2 years. Metformin won't harm you like BCPs. Reduction of weight & Metformin helped me to bring my periods regularly.
    Hope these info helps you...

7. Sarassou

Sarassou New IL'ite

Re: Reg: poly cystic ovaries

Hi Radha,

How much seeds we have to soak, about a spoon? Can we throw the seeds and drinking only that water is fine?

Thanks,
    Sarasu

8. need4info

need4info New IL'ite

HI

Has anyone got cured by the homeopathy for PCOS?
    if yes, how many months it would take?
    what are the symptoms while curing?

bcoz , I am taking homeopathic medicines for 3 months.
    I used to get pain in my abdomen.I have got kidney stone too about 3mm.
    the doctor said it will clear the whole system of my body and improves it.
    He said it may take even upto 3 yrs for the life time cure.
    we need not to take life long medicine like allopathy (metmorpin).. only during medicine , i need to be in diet after that its not needed. we can be like other women.
    If someone knows abt this homeopathy plz share with me.

Thanks
    Saradha

9. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Help pls!

Hii all,

I am 25 years old, married with a history of PCOS. I had an emergency operation for my left ovary and they needed to remove the ovary as the cyst was twisted around the ovary and the tube.. this was in 2003.
    After this I have been on regular check ups and I have only my right ovary now. Recently i got to know that the right ovary was also affected and had a number of cysts as well. I got a laproscopy done in Dec 2009 and the doc said that the cysts will not grown back again.. I had regular period in Jan and Feb painful as usual as well as very clotted. My periods were due to come on the 27th of Feb but it has not come yet.
    I am getting all the symptoms of periods, pain, vomiting sensation, irritation and very uneasy but no periods (i ma definitely not preggie because we have not been doing anything for two months now). I called my gynac and she said it might just be a hormonal change and not to take nay tablets or medication for the PMS.
    I am not sure if anyone has been through something like this, and am confused what i need to do. I am really scared as i have been married for just 2 years, we have not been ready for a baby yet.. my gynac keeps forcing me to start trying to get pregnant but both hubby and me not mentally ready for a child.
    Any help advice will be very useful.... please help me what should i do? am really confused and both me and my husband are very worried... :confused2:
    what should i do about the PMS.. its very irritating!, do u think it is a cyst again? Am i becoming infertile? do i need to get a scan again and check it up? am not sure what to think or do..
    Please help... hoping to hear from u soon...

10. Vasumathy

Re: Help pls!

Hi VSJ,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

What your gynec tells on trying to conceive is true...
    With PCOS, it will take more time compared to normal ones to conceive when you plan for a baby. With single ovary, your chances of getting pregnant reduces further more. So, its wise decision to start thinking about baby. I am trying for baby for more than 2 years & had PCOS in the earlier days. There are more like me in this world! I don't want to scare you with this, but know all sides of your problem.

Coming to the cyst, i don't know full detail about it; but there is no rule that cysts won't grow again after the procedures to your ovaries. There are chances for them to grow again.

Since you are young, please concentrate in making you body out o PCOS. Check your weight against your height. If you weight is more, then its better to take good actions on reducing your weight. Do regular exercises, Eat healthy foods. Reduce the intake of carbohydrate based foods. More vegetables, more greens & fruits. These things will make your body feel better against PCOS.

With proper care one can take advantage over PCOS.
    Take care.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010