Pcos diet

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by drsurabhijain, May 2, 2012.

1. Lakshmi04

Lakshmi04 New IL'ite

Hi Doctor .... Need Ur advice . My husband is working in dubai. Before and after marriage i had regular periods . And now I am in dubai with my hubby and its almost 5 mnths that I came here . But for the past 4 months I have irregular mensus and we went for treatment and Dr said that i ve pcos. Dr prescribed me duphaston and folic acid . And she also ask me to give for thyroid test . By god grace it was negative. Since i am 21 and also newly married (10 months) she ask me to wait for some months and later v can go for treatment for pregnancy . But I never had irregular mensus but for the past four mnths m facing it and also m afraid of it. Pls help me

2. drsurabhijain

drsurabhijain Silver IL'ite

@Lakshmi,

Hi

PCOS problems is because of insulin resistance as well as the hormonal imbalance. To keep your body functions at normal you have to keep your insulin under check. So eat food of LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX.
    Frequent small meals and do an hour of brisk walk every day. Yoga and aerobics also helps a lot.
    Avoid carbohydrate and take low cal food.

2 people like this.
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,
    PCOS comes when there is hormone imbalance or when your weight is high compared to normal level. If your weight is not in the right level for your weight, plan for diet which has reduced quantity of carbohydrates and fiber rich foods. Also plan to include some exercise routine. That will help in controlling PCOS & hormone imbalance. Slowly your body will bring back the regular periods.
    Since you have switched your home, change of food habits might have triggered these troubles. Try to address these & have a better life style. That will surely help you.
    Also try not to stress yourself much. Leave the thoughts of ttc and try to make you mind calm. Stress is the worst enemy to TTC. Positive frame of mind will always do the good.
    All the best. Baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  4. Lakshmi04

Lakshmi04 New IL'ite

@drsurabhijain,

Thank so much dr. And can u suggest me the foods that I have to avoid and the foods that I have to take. And also I have one more doubt we also took scan for hormone analysis and the test name called Beta hcg (Result <1.20; ref.range = Male/non. Preg<5, 4-5 weeks 75-2600, 5-6 weeks 850-20800, 6-7 weeks 4000-100200, 7-12weeks 11500-289000, 12-16 weeks 18300-137000, 16-29 weeks 1400-53000, 29-41 weeks 940-60000 (units =miu/ml )) and also she took ultra sound pelvic scan in which she mentioned utreus and myometrium appears normal and POD is normal and Endometrium :measures 3.56 mm. Right ovary measures 34.89*15.90mm and left ovary measures 25.80 * 27.33mm and also she mentioned B/C multiple small follicles present . I just wanna kow all those results r normal. Once again thank u . Have a nice day.

5. Lakshmi04

Lakshmi04 New IL'ite

@drsurabhijain
    Thank u so much dr. And can u suggest me the foods that I have to avoid and the foods that I have to take. And also I have one more doubt we also took scan for hormone analysis and the test name called Beta hcg (Result <1.20; ref.range = Male/non. Preg<5, 4-5 weeks 75-2600, 5-6 weeks 850-20800, 6-7 weeks 4000-100200, 7-12weeks 11500-289000, 12-16 weeks 18300-137000, 16-29 weeks 1400-53000, 29-41 weeks 940-60000 (units =miu/ml )) and also she took ultra sound pelvic scan in which she mentioned utreus and myometrium appears normal and POD is normal and Endometrium :measures 3.56 mm. Right ovary measures 34.89*15.90mm and left ovary measures 25.80 * 27.33mm and also she mentioned B/C multiple small follicles present . I just wanna know all those results r normal. Once again thank u . Have a nice day.

6. Lakshmi04

Lakshmi04 New IL'ite

@vasumathy

Thank u so much . Sure I ll balance my weight. Now I am 58 kg and my age is 22 is that correct or I have to reduce my weight. And already I have avoided fat items and continues regular walking And can u suggest me the foods that I have to avoid and the foods that I have to take. And also I have one more doubt we also took scan for hormone analysis and the test name called Beta hcg (Result <1.20; ref.range = Male/non. Preg<5, 4-5 weeks 75-2600, 5-6 weeks 850-20800, 6-7 weeks 4000-100200, 7-12weeks 11500-289000, 12-16 weeks 18300-137000, 16-29 weeks 1400-53000, 29-41 weeks 940-60000 (units =miu/ml )) and also she took ultra sound pelvic scan in which she mentioned utreus and myometrium appears normal and POD is normal and Endometrium :measures 3.56 mm. Right ovary measures 34.89*15.90mm and left ovary measures 25.80 * 27.33mm and also she mentioned B/C multiple small follicles present . I just wanna kow all those results r normal. Once again thank u . Have a nice day.

7. Imblessed

Imblessed Bronze IL'ite

Hello Dr. Jain,

It is really nice to see that we have a Dr. here. I am suffering from PCOS. I am on Metformin since last 6-7 months. I am in US and TTC. No results yet for TTC. I am trying to eat as much less low carb diet as possible and trying to be regular with some exercise. I was diagnosed with low or rather deficiency of Vitamin D. I took some pills suggested by my Dr. for improving Vit D. But deficiency was diagnosed first and later PCOS. In any way is this related? Could you please help me understand if there is any relation ?

Could you please also help me in this. The other thing is my right hand near shoulder to chest backside front side pains a lot if I do any strenuous activity. I can give you more details, but I ma not sure if I can ask you anything related to this.
    Thanks !

8. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

dear iamblessed,

i too am suffering from pcos since several years. but since the last one year, i have brought it under control.
    and i did it by adding healthy carbs to my diet.

carbs are especially important for managing pcos. have healthy carbs like whaet,millet,oats and rice.
    carbs are important for the normal functioining of the ovaries.
    also add fermented foods regularly to your diet like idli,dosas,chillas,cheese.

9. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

HI, I too have PCOS. It can be debilitating at times I find that if I do not let stress happen then it is better, plus I stretch a lot and that helps a lot.

I hope this helps you.

10. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

is there a connection between pcos and mentrual cramps?

i have always had very bad pains, but even now, after my periods have regularised and after following a healthy diet and workout routine, i am still not relieved from it. i still get very bad pains.

is there a cure for it?