1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pcod

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by ruchvarsh, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

hi ...
    plz help me knowing about PCOD ...what is PCOD ? how this occurs ?what are the do's and dont's for this problem ??

thankx in advance

2. meerajesh59

meerajesh59 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Here are some details for you
    [justify]
    Each month at least 12 follicles develop on the surface of the ovary. This is more than usually. The follicles are also known as cysts. The cysts on the ovaries in PCOS are fluid sacs and are completely benign (they are not related to cancer). Although there are many follicles, they do not mature fully so no ovum is released. When ovulation does not occur, the woman will not have a period. In some people this happens every month meaning that they never ovulate. In some women ovulation occurs sometimes, leading to irregular periods. The balance of hormones released by the ovaries gets affected.

The most important thing a individual can do if they have polycystic ovary syndrome is to try to lose weight. Weight loss helps relieve symptoms by reducing the high levels of insulin in the body. Reducing insulin levels will lead to a reduction in testosterone and this will help to reduce the symptoms of the condition. Weight loss also helps to reduce the risk of developing other conditions in later life such as diabetes and high cholesterol. Weight loss can be difficult for people with polycystic ovary syndrome. It is best achieved by healthy eating and regular exercise.
    [/justify]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  3. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

thankx meena rajesh .

is there anybody else know something more about this problem anykind of discussion on this topicis welcome ....

4. divya1234

divya1234 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies , for pcos Polycystic ovary syndrome l started 1tea spoon of cinnamon powder with half cup of normal water in the morning.I got my period this month and I am so happy after struggling of years I am happy now.I had normal meal but some time half lemon and I feel my periods are regular now.otherwise my periods6-7 month late.consuming cinnamon reduced insulin resistance in women with PCOS.help balance insulin levels in order to regulate blood sugar and control weightgain but I don't know about fertility. talk with your Dr. before having cinnamon powder. Thanks this is my story and am 35 now happy with 1 kid . just wanted to share .