1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

PCOD and SEVERE HIRSUITISM ( UNWANTED HAIR ALL OVER)HELP!! getting married

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Aakanshaaa, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Aakanshaaa

Aakanshaaa New IL'ite

Hi friends
    Pls save me ladies.I am 25 yr old unmarried girl planning to get married this september.Now i have PCOD since 10 yrs.I get regular periods,I look very fit ( 48 kgs) and my height is 5.6.I have no pigmentation,no acne.my skin is extremely fair and clear.BUT FRIENDS I HAVE HAIR ALL OVER MY BODY.I wax my face and neck every week.But main prob is i have hair on my breasts,stomach,back ( very dark like underarm hair that type of growth).It was ok till i was unmarried but within 2 months i will be married!!!HELP PLEASE.On neck also i have very dark and coarse hair (just like told u)Now whats the remedy ??PLZZZZ HELP LADIES.:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning

2. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

Just remove all of them with some ones help and start applying turmeric daily(everywhere on body).It will be reduced for sure...

But remember to use the original turmeric(round turmeric),not the powders available on market.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  3. Aakanshaaa

Aakanshaaa New IL'ite

:drowningHey do u know about laser hair removal ?does it work ?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  4. LakshmiMohan

LakshmiMohan Gold IL'ite

I heard that its very effective.But dont know any experienced person.So cant tell any opinion on that:hide:

5. Aakanshaaa

Aakanshaaa New IL'ite

i took 8 sesions for my face n neck but it didnt work at all.earlier i didnt think about other parts.:hide:.Is there anyone here who dealt with severe body hair all over ?:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning:drowning

6. abhiadi

abhiadi New IL'ite

Hi Akansha,

First of all congrats for ur marriage.
    Excessive hair growth is one of the symptoms of PCOD.
    i can understand ur stress reg body hair.
    U should go for laser hair removal technique at some good clinic like kaya,vlcc.
    it will definitely help u.but the treatment is expensive, u can avail some concession if u take the entire package.
    and also as u mentioned that ur hair is dark & coarse type then this is the best method.
    but 2 months will not be sufficient as u need to take multiple sittings like 3 to 6 at an interval of 1 month (or when u again get full hair growth). atleast u can start right away and then continue after marriage as well.refrain from shaving ,applying hair removal cremes or bleaching. instead waxing is much better option. where did u take laser removal before?also get in touch with a good endocronologist, he too can give u some advice.

7. iamlost

iamlost New IL'ite

I think you should visit a good endocrinologist and find out how others have dealt with it.He/She may suggest you a short term and long time solution.

Betw:I have a question to ask you, did you discuss the same with your would be or have you at least informed him about this problem.Let me tell you, men always to fantasize women to be like virgin mary, they dont like underarm and pubic hair, forget hair all over the body.This can be a turnoff to your would be as well.

8. kiranmadhu

kiranmadhu Senior IL'ite

For the face and neck, you can try electrolysis. that is the best. laser removal results are not guaranteed.
    for the hair in breast, try to remove with wax strips. that way the hair that grows later will not be as thick. you get these veet readymade wax strips in the market. that is easy to use.

9. kukubara

kukubara New IL'ite

hey akansha

dont worry dear....
    do go for laser hair removal on your face and chin.... you are fair and your hair must be dark and thick...(mine was the same condition)...this is perfect for laser!! you will get 100% results...and it will not get back!!
    but...if you say that you already tried laser and it didnt work...then you should buy "eflora" cream its for 550 rs...you'll get from chemist...
    put this creme on your face and neck and massage it till it penetrates into the skin totally...(do use this creme!! ) this will stop your hair growth!! and the hair will become so weak!! and minimal! after applyin this creme dont wash your face till 4 hours,

talking about body hair...use hot wax!! it should be so hot that its bearable...i have some patches on my legs and arms where the hair growth has stopped...and it is because of applying hot wax on that particular place..so now iam thinking of applying hot wax all over!!

because we dont have much time...i would like you to experiment with a hair removal product recently launched called "smooth legs" i ve heard its painless..and it makes the hair go in minutes and the hair comes back thinner and lesser!!! try it...its for the whole body hair removal and face too!!

plssss dont lose hope you'll be just fine!!!!!!!
    i wish you a very happy married life !!

10. kukubara

kukubara New IL'ite

dear akansha

i would also like to tell you that you should start doing pranayam (breathing exercise)

it will definately cure your pcod!! and dont worry if you'll do it properly it will cure it quickly...

i was having the same problem and now it has gone!!
    start doing pranayam and also you can start having ayurvedic or homeopathy medicines...so that you dont ahve any menstrual problems or pcod

all the best!!