PCOD and Missed Abortion

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Rachna, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

After 3 months of ttc and some medication, I got pregnant and both of us were very happy.10 days before,i started bleeding & was very much tensed.My doctor asked me to wait as it was mild.Before 4 days,i came to know that baby has stopped growing with no cardiac activity.My Doctor told me that it is missed abortion.He gave me tablets as it was only 6 weeks.With lots of pain and a very heavy bleeding, my body expelled the embryo.I feel totally lost and devastated. I don't know why all this happened as I was on complete bed rest and following all instructions of doctor.I had deep faith in god and i was praying a lot to save and give a long life to my baby.But, now I am losing my faith on God.I am concerned if i will be able to deliver a healthy baby in future and how much time will it take as I have PCOD also.Doctor has asked me to wait for next 3 months.
    I feel totally lost and not able to forget my attachment for this baby.Can anyone pls suggest based on their personal experience or knowledge.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

2. Poonam_rr

Poonam_rr Senior IL'ite

Hello Rachana,
    I can understand your pain, as even I was suffering from PCOD and I also had my first M/C I was exactly in same condition in which you are right now. But don't worry have faith in God, he must have planned best for you.

Soon you will be able to concieve as after first pregnancy (be it M/C)body becomes more fertile that's what my doctor had told me, and that was true, after 3 months I was pregnant again though I had complication throughout my pregnancy but it was God's miracle that it was a normal delivery.

I know its tough but you will have to come out of this feeling, as to become pregnant you will have to be stressfree and you will have to maintain your weight. Follow doctor's instruction and take rest.

I will pray for you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear Poonam,
    Thanx for ur reply.I am trying to forget everything which is not easy.Hope this will become faint as time passes.My weight is normal and perfect as per my height.I have irregular periods problem and came to know abt PCOD before 5 months but my doctor has not yet prescribed me any medication for curing this.I was taking vitamins since the day we started planning for the baby,but all in vain.Hope everything will b fine..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear ILs,

I went to the doctor for next scan to see if everything has been expelled and came to know after pelvic ultrasonography that there is minimal retained product of conception around .80mm

I was again given tablet and nothing came out since last 3 days.I am very much concerned.Will I have to again go for some medicines or d and c.And if not expelled this retained product, will it lead to infection.

I am extremely worried to think abt my future pregnancies.

5. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

i had a miscarriage when i went to doctor to see if everything expelled and i came to know 1/2 cm is retained there..but my doctor it will come out when u get next periods or if u bleed 1 more day..so its not to worry..stay cool..you will get a healthy baby soon..

6. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Dear Subha

My doctor also told me the same thing.But, as i was over stressed, he gave me another tablet to see if retained tissue (.80mm) comes out. I was also told not to worry if it doesn't come out as it will come out in next periods.I met my doctor a day before and was again told same thing.For my satisfaction,he told me to go for next scan after 1 week.And today i started bleeding (after 4 days of taking tablets).

Doctor has asked us to plan again after 3 months.In the meanwhile,we can have protected sex.Pls let me know abt ur ttc plans.

Baby dust to u..

7. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

dear rachna,
    i miscarried by aug 17th.. i have discussed with so many people about this,everyone suggested to wait 3 cycles but doctor told 1 cycle is enough.. but we are planning after 3 cycles..so far we didn't have sex my hubby is scared about infections and all those stuff and also i was worried as my periods was getting late..luckily everthing over now..planning to have protected sex...

baby dust to you....keep smiling

8. aashalini

aashalini New IL'ite

After my D&C last week, I am having lot of trouble. Due to bleeding, I used Whisper Sanitary Napkin all throughout the week which has caused rashes near the vaginal area. Also, lot of itching is there. Please suggest some remedy for itch in the vagina. Did any of you experience the same.

9. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Hello Aashalini
    Though i hav not experienced rashes or itching, i feel that it may b because of excess bleeding and pad that was touching ur skin and vaginal area since last 1 week.

Pls consult ur doctor..Dont stress urself much