1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paying Condolence - Humorous Snippet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Dec 8, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Blondie

Thanks for stepping in and posting your valuable comments.

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

I think you like humour very much. I remember your post in my thread 'MIRROR MANIA', it was very hilarious...

Thanks for appreciating my thread..

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

It just happend on this Friday 18th April, 2008. My friend called me up saying he has to go to offer condolence as one of his very very close realtive has expired due to kidney failure. She was in her early 40's and was on dialysis for the past three years. I was worried for him as he had many assignments under his belt and taking off at this juncture will only invite wrath from his seniors. He was adamant and told me that he has to go. The funeral was over and he will go and give his condolence. My heart went all out for him due to the responsibilites he holds. I asked him how would he go as train tickets are not available and the place he has to go has no flight access. He finally took his car with his family on Saturday early morning. He had some work on the way, so he asked his family to hop in to the nearest theatre to watch movie. The show was “Krazzy 4”. Later they joined for lunch and drew further. Then they halted at his sister’s place and were suppose to take rest and start the next day. The next day he calls up saying that most of his relatives staying nearby are calling them for lunch, dinner, breakfast and so he is going to start the day after. He with his family is happily shopping, eating, visiting other relatives and having fun. When he called me up just a hour ago, I pulled up the fact that he had to go for condolence and he was very keen of dropping all his vital schedule for the purpose including the wrath of his boss. He explained to me that tonight they are having a get-together and tomorrow they will drive down to visit the realtives of the deceased and offer condolence.
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
    It sounded extremely funny to me. I can never shop and watch movies and attend parties and get-togethers and finally go and offer condolence. If that persons not so close to me, I would never go. Why do this showsha, when it means nothing to you?

4. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear Malspie,
    That was an interesting post.It is something everyone of us encounter in our lives.
    On a morning just a week ago,I had just then woken up,my husband said,"So and so's relative passed away,today morning.We have to go and offer condolences,everybody in the omplex is going to their hse,be quick and get ready."We went.I did not know anybody in their hsehold,but I feel better even now that I went.The gentleman died of cancer.His wife was standing beside the body,she was composed and managed the situation so well.none of us ,particularly me who had not even met her or her husband who had passed away by chance,felt awkward.She was an epitome of dignity.I was sad ,because the lady his wife looked so beautiful like RaviVarma's picture,did not know what to say.When we took leave she came to us she gave me a small hug and I had lump in my throat.
    The whole day I was thinking abt her.I dont know,my wonderful friend,whether what I have said just now has any relevance to the subject matter so deftly handled by you.But I had to share this experience of mine with all of you.

mithila kannan

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dearie my mals
    What a great write on a somewhat difficult topic.. so beautifully writtn and handled.. Here we get the chance to visit the funeral parlor and most of done in a smooth way.. I too share a hug with the concerned lady. The only time I have cried out loud was when my father in law was being taken away. Very sad moment for me. My husband cried when his mother was being taken. I'm glad i managed to see this wonderful piece of writing and did not miss it.. keep writing...

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mithila,

Welcome to my thread. You have mentioned a vital point here as "poise' is something which is difficult to hold during bad times and that lady held it well. It also reminded me on Rajiv Gandhi's death and how his wife and kids including young Priyanka showed immense strength and courage. They held their dignity high and proved to belong to the royal family. The loss was irreversible for them. The constant glare of the shutterbugs did not affect them. I still wonder which corner of the house did they sit and cry their heart full!!

Paying condolence and accepting death is not very easy.

Thanks for writing in dear Mithila.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi AC,

Welcome dearie, your words have always encouraged to ponder on more topics to pen here. We cannot control the tears that roll down for the permanent loss of our dear ones.

Thanks for stepping in and posting your lovely comments.