1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Passport Stamping at Delhi Consulate got 221g-Advice Needed Urgently

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by rekhat, Jan 24, 2011.

1. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Hi

Its quite some time I have been writing.
    Need help as in a worse situation.Hope this doesnt happen to anyone
    Me and my husband were in U.S for past 3 years and decided to visit India with our 18 months old for new year
    Since our visa was expiring in Sep 2010 we thought to get it stamped.
    My husband is on h1b and myself on H4.He had been employed through vendor to a client.our interview was in Delhi consulate on 5th jan 2011 ,we had all our docs ready and were prepared for it.After the interview the VISA officer gave a green slip and a case number and said he wants to review the case.the green slip just has a case number and HAS NOT checked any document requirement.He returned the passport and I 797 back to us.Till now no response,we were scheduled to go back on 30th jan.and our employer said he can do much from there as nothing has been asked to be dropped in the drop box.during the interview my husband was asked about the type of work which he explained but some words were different which was mentioned in the petition.the officer said your employer has not provided complete information to homeland security.when he returned the passport my husband just inquired what does this green slip mean.he said most probably your visa is rejected.We are suddenly caught up in a worst situation as we just shifted our house in dec.we have to pay rent and all our things are in US including a car and some new furniture we bought.We spend all our savings for this trip thinking after going back we will make more with some overtime and all.
    Has anybody been in this situation.is there any hope.My husband is in the verge of breakdown.We are worried for our baby.Her vaccine card is back home.To start from scratch here means a lot of compromise for our daughter.

Please advise what to do_Our agent is asking to reapply again.can we do that with same petition.do we go to delhi consulate itself.Again paying rs 15000 and take slot for interview.do we wait.We desperately want to go back.if not me atleast my husband needs to go once and settle things
    On the net when we surf for 221 g we just get more depressed ,as people are waiting for 2-3 months with no response.but all the case docs were to be submitted.for us nothing has been asked to be submitted .My husband is feeling so guilty that something wrong is blabbered which has landed us in trouble.Still not accepting the fact that have to start life all over again.Some investments also he did in US for which he has to go personally to withdraw.
    If anybody knows a good lawyer please suggest some advise.What a shocking start of a new year.We were quite well setlled there ,difficult to accept american dream is come to an end.Just fyi in between our parents tried coming twice there visa was rejected from madras consulate.

please pour in advice

regards

2. chanigam

chanigam New IL'ite

3. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Still waiting ....:(

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Rekha

Good / Bad you are in this situation..so you got to be strong and please dont just think that things will be worse etc...hope for the best...but prepare for the worst..
    you have to support your husband and say that you can start over and finally India is not that bad and its our home country right? atleast you and the kid are safe there...among family..what if you guys would have gone to some other country for stamping (like the US borders) and if it had happened.?? isnt it much more painful?? so please look at the bright side and stop worrying over things..

for now try to call up your neighbours or your husbands friends at work or yoru employer and let them know about any small things that need to be taken care like the bills etc..

Also if possible, try to mail post dated cheques to the apartment leasing company so that they wont default you guys for rent being late. and you dont have to worry about the apt rent.

Coming to car etc if your apt is in a safe location no worries...however just ask your neighbours to keep an eye on the house and the car. let them know the situation.And about your kids vaccination card etc, when is the vaccination due? if its very urgent, might be you can mail the keys to any of your closest friendand ask them to take the vaccination card from your house and post it to you guys.

In any case please do not panic..and I know being calm at this point is going to be really tough..but remember your husband would be more worried seeing you this worried..so you got tbe strong and support him

5. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Hi Sri

Thanks for your advice.We are coming in terms with the present situation and very much thankful to god that nothing more worser has happened.

We were not staying in a rented apartment,in fact it is a independent house with our landlord staying just beside us like a attached house.Intially she was apprehend to give the house as on h1 status but with our papers she was convinced we would not have to leave illegally.( we were very sure at the time that stamping would have been a cake walk ).Just December 2010 we shifted so brought new furniture.Because of the snow storm my husband decided to give feb rent too because he thought if our flight was delayed we would have reached after feb 1.our date of reaching was 30th jan.For March we dont know,whether to tell her ,if she knows she will surely throw us out

Bills my husband has been clearing it online.
    I am writing this also for other Indians please dont invest money in furniture or think of shifting to new house if you have a stamping due.

6. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

It is better you write to the Consul General explaining the need to be there.

7. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Writing to the consulate,you mean the vfs office helpline email id or the USCIS in US

8. rekhat

rekhat New IL'ite

Dear All

Just keeping you informed

We received a email from the consulate to submit our passports and a week later we got it stamped.

By april 2nd week we have returned to the US.
    Though a little longer but the wait was indeed fruitful.Now we would be a bit more planned in case have any further stamping in future.

thanks for all the advice.

9. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Nice to hear that!