1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Passport office- A Wonderful Expierence

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Passport Office - A Wonderful Experience

My wife and me are travelling next month to Indonesia, where my daughter is staying now after marriage, to attend a function they have held there.And from there for a few days we will go go Singapore,where my cousin sister stays, for sightseeing.

As I was about to send our passports for Visa to the agent,on checking the passports, i found that My wife's passport has expired,and both our passports require ECNR stamp,without which we will not be allowed to these countries.

Today we went to the passport office early at 9,got the forms filled from an authorised agent for Rs.25 each.I asked an agent standing outside the office that i want the passport in Tatkal Scheme,in a few days time,and he said his commission is 3000 for a 15 day dellivery.With no choice, I stood in line and submitted the application,and asked the counter man,what if i need the passport issued today evening, is it possible,?He took 1000/- fees for a normal passport, told me to go meet the Passport Officer,who has the powers.

There were about 10 people waiting to meet The Officer, and in 20 minutes my turn came.The passport officer asked when i want it,as the normal time for issuing of passport is over 2 months.I said Sir, can I have it today please.He looked up to see which stupid fool has come in the morning,said sorry Sir, today is not possible,but can give u tommorrow if it is fine with you.I was speechless,as i did not expect this courtesy from the Big Man.He said you will have to pay the Tatkal Fees of 1500/- extra at the counter,and come tommorrow evening and we will do the ECNR as well.
    I am so touched by the Wonderful Passport officer,as well as the whole staff of the Passport Office in Jaipur.There are huge queues,but they are so patient with everyone,explaining to them that such and such paper is missing,please get it, otherwise if i accept yr application after a few months it will be returned saying " Insufficient Documents".

Hats off to My Jaipur Passport Office.
    I dont know why,but i keep meeing nice people most of the times.TheTraffic policemen are suppose to be corrupt and lousy,and rude.Most of them I have met are great guys.Sometime back, i crossed the red light,and a cop comes and stands in front of my car,takes it to the side,says the fine is 200, 100 for redlight,and 100 for not wearing a seat belt.Well i took out a 100/- note and gave it to him and started to move away,when the cop calls me back.He comes running,hands me 50/- and says Sir Hamari Auqat 50 rupiah ki Hai.What do u say to that?I was zapped,to say the least.

Another time i was coming wrong way thru a one way street,and there is the cop,who waves out to me to stop.As i get off the car,on an impulse i just bent down to his feet,and touching them, said boss I am sorry,I did not realise this is a one way street,Can u let me go.The guy was so shocked by my touching his feet,he hugged me as I got up,And he was very embarassed,told me please dont such things, I am just a small time policeman,and u are a Seth.He let me go without a fine,smiling and waiving at me as I went off.Even to this day,whenver our eyes meet at a crossing he waves out to me,and so do I.

I have been fortunate to meet nice people,as also my experience at Indus has been very good, of so many varied fields,of course most of them younger to me.People say in an old age you cant make new friends,but here at the age of 53, I am making more and more friends,some better than I ever had..
    God couldnt have been kinder to me.

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

1. Some of the Passport officers are real good and they try to help people... It is only the middlemen who try to rob the public... Also, there are people who doesnt have proper documents, but they want the passport bypassing all the rules... I have seen people doing that.... So, all people are not bad....

2. You have a nice way of getting out of the clutches of the legal.... Sorry I dont want to say anything wrong, as I have personally interacted with some real good people in this department...

So, you can give us some real nice tips and clues for us also... Now, should I have to ask you, "What is the secret of your success in escaping from these people?".... Hahahahaha...

Great.... All salutes....

3. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

I cant believe you could actually get your passport so fast.
    do u know im stuck in india only because of my passport.
    i got married last yr and i made my passport before marraige my husband is abroad now i will be joining him soon . i have got my marraige certificate stamped by the embassy.. but you know what im only waiting for my passport to be done. i sent my passport to change maiden surname to husband's surname in the last week of August through an agent.. initially the agent charged me 1800 and he submitted it so late in Oct and last week i was struggling with police verification they didnt submit to CID on time. now to get it out of cid I paid 1500 today so tomorrow it will got to passport office..
    then the agent tells me now i have to pay 5000 more to get it by next week from passport office as well.
    im so frustruated i cant belive i feel so lost im not paying any money now it is more than 2mths and my passport is still not completed .i also delayed in serving a resignation notice to my existing company due to this.. im desperate to meet my husband since 5months and all documents are stamped only for my visa this passport is a pain!!!!!!:bang:bang:bang:bang
    Gis-L

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

If you approach the passport office directly with all you documents and meet the passport officer, you can get it done fast... Since your husband is working in overseas, you are joining him, you should get it fast... Now the formalities has been relaxed to a large extent....

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

veda,

Just plain luck i guess,Veda.I try to remain calm and composed,and am very polite to the guys.May be that is the secret, bcs people abvuse officials whole day, so if they find a polite guy like me, they may like to help me.:idea:Thanks.kamal

Gisjul,

I am sory to ehar of yr plight.These agents can be bad people at times.Best is, u go duirectly to the passport office, and meet the passport officer himself and explain yr situation.Im sure he will help u.

The hjaipur passport officer, is a wonderful man, very helpful, as also the other staff also.

wishing u all the best,and may u join yr dear husband soon.Regards.kamal

6. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot
    i think i'll do that.
    but the office will be closed from wednesday to next monday due to diwali.
    mera to diwala nikal gaya.
    i need to save money rather than waste on such agents.
    by the way do i need a letter from my husband stating that i need urgent passport to show it to the passport officer... this is what the agent had told me today i dont know if it is another trick..
    gis-L

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Yes they need a letter for the urgency,and u can write it yrself, or tell yr husband to send u by email, signed,and u can take out the printout.

Dont worry, give me the good news on Monday or Tuesday,and we will at celebrate at Indus.Thanks.kamal

8. gisjul

gisjul Senior IL'ite

thanks
    definately i will tell u when it is al done.
    just one thing i forgot to ask will they charge extra fees there as well.. any idea how much..???
    much appreciated.
    gis-L:spin:spin

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Gis,

If they ask u official fees, it should not be more than 1500/- for a tatkal.And since u hve applied moer than 2 months back, they should not ask u any fees at all.

Good luck and let us know next weejk how it goes.Thanks and eregards.kamal

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Not that you meet only good persons in your life, I bet you must had came across bad souls though, but you know the gr8 thing is that you have cherished the good moments with good souls and forgotten the bad ones.......
    I wish I could do this way.........
    Regards.