1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Passing time when MIL living with us!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cheesecake, Mar 8, 2016.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

Hie all.
    You all have been so supportive to me n gave me nice ideas so when my Dh mother was here it went ok not bad as expected still I realize it gets very boring n monotonous living the whole day with her.she is coming again and now I think I need to improve my situation what I didn't do before. I hav small baby girl,I am homemaker and cannot drive a car as only one car which Dh takes and abroad you cannot just walk to a park or library.dh mother watches tv all the time and takes over kitchen and always points what I lack in me n my home.so how do you keep mentally stable with such restrictive life.

2. Sapna56

Sapna56 Bronze IL'ite

Invite friends home, do potluck so, go for walk wid baby, wid friends. Spend some time daily outside home.

3. maya9876

maya9876 Silver IL'ite

Why cant you go for walks? Its much safer and easier to go to nearby parks or libraries abroad than in India. Google places near by to you, go for walk everyday with your baby. Its good for your baby too. Download e-books of your interest and read them when baby is sleeping or playing. Get free courses online that you can do, this will come in handy for your future too.

4. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

My suggestion...the first thing is to keep yourself mobile

If the H office is not too far, you can pick up/ drop him so you can have a car. If it is too far, ask H if he can participate in rideshare programs. https://rideshare.org/
    Check this page for a good match.

If this is too much of a hassle, then maybe once every week or every 2 weeks, H can rent a car just for a day.

The key is start taking slow steps towards having mobility

maroon likes this.
  5. blessings1010

blessings1010 Gold IL'ite

try watching youtube- for your favorite subjects- like cooking, beauty, health or any studies for that matter.
    Listen to pod casts. During the day especially when DH leaves for work and ur with baby, spend maximum time in the kitchen cooking for urself and baby. After that for 2-3 hours, play with baby, read and watch what you like on internet and around 4ish go for walks nearby with baby. I tend to cook early during the day around 3pm if I am not working, then evening time I spend with DH

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Work on your body and mind. Buy weights like 5 lbs. do exercise, do yoga and meditation, it can take 2-3 hours if u can invest that much time. Read baby center articles by registering there , so u can raise baby without much advice from other prople.

Next thing work towards your future career, when baby gets 3 plus years or whatever age u feel comfortable and with valid work permit what u would want to do? Learn as much u can with fixed timings

blessings1010 likes this.