1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paruthiveeran

Discussion in 'Movies' started by indhusri, Mar 20, 2007.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

'Paruthiveeran ' - A beautiful presentation by director Amir ! All the artists have given their best perfomance in this movie . Obviously the credit goes to the director, Mr. Amir . At the same time i can't help pointing out the extrordinary perfomance by Kaarthi - the hero ! He has done it so.... well that nobody can believe this is his first movie !
    The whole movie was shooted at the outskirts of Madurai , a village called ' alangaanallur ' , i suppose . A real feast to the eyes of nature- lovers . Throughout the movie we can see the ' yadhaartham ' - real feelings of village people . The hero is introduced as a 'pakkaa rowdi ' - in spite of all his bad habits , the heroine loves him so much against the wish of her parents ( due to some family disputes of previous generation ) . But she is very stubburn in her love since she started loving him right from her childhood . One strong reason was he saved her life when she was around 10 years - but for him she would have died . Sense of gratude turns into deep love at later stage . At first he avoids her & refuses to accept her love . Slowly she changes him by her strong words & sincere love . When he decides to start a new , flaw-less life with her ... her parents oppose strongly ... ..story goes like this ..... The climax has become controversial - some people can't digest it even . But my personal opinion is - only this climax has given life to the whole story . If one views it in the right angle(of reality) .. he is sure to accept it . I was lamenting the movie for so many hours after i returned from the theatre with my heart full of sympathy for the hero & the heroine . I think that is the success for the makers of the movie !
    Kaarthi has overtaken his brother Surya in his very first movie itself ! Hats off to him ! Added attraction is Uvan shankar raja's wonderful music ! Superb movie - don't miss it , please ..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

s,really the movie is superb,that 2 climax. i didn't like the first half,becoz of hero's character,but the climax is really tearful,karthi did his character very well.:2thumbsup:
    on the whole film karthi's climax scene is really touching one..

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Paruthiveeran has won the race !
    There is no masala, very rustic - more the "down South" type !
    The speciality of this movie is " yathartham" which hardly plays a role in tamil films now a days.
    The oily faces of the village ladies, the men with "sweaty look", the dimly lit village police station, Priyamani sans makeup, typical village dialect - all these make the cinema more enjoyable-very much in contrast to the usual movies.
    Karthi has scored a century in his maiden match !
    I liked the entire movie minus the climax !!:cry:
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I didn't watch the moie yet,but heard 2 songs one is -it starts with' ayayayoo'
    second one is with Ilayaraja's voice(dont'remember the lyrics) but both songs are 'nenjai karaikuthu".

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I am waiting to see the movie too just because it is Surya brother's movie(Surya is my favourite):wink: and also because it is Jyotika BIL's movie(Jyotika is my husband's favourite:wink: ):yes:

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Indhu,

After reading your review , i downloaded the movie and watched it last night.....could not sleep, cried in the end also.........really wonderful acting from Karthi, na? Cant believe it is his first movie and teh heroine also was good....and since they have dubbed in their voices , it all comes out better , i felt. except for the climax, which is so realistic, and so upsetting.....the rest was good. Liked the lighter parts where the love blooms between them....very cute.

It would have been better on the big screen, definetely.
    Want to watch Mozhi, its notavailable on any site. Have to get the dvd i guess.:tongue

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I did not realize that Puruthiveeran was a good movie.
    I too was interested in it because of Surya's brother ( I like both Surya and Jothika!). But I thought he did not have the good looks of his brother. But it may be due to the get up he has in this movie.
    Hmm...the list of good Tamil movies that I want to watch keeps growing:( Although, the sound of a sad ending makes me vary about wanting to watch it!
    Sudha, when you download the movie, do you watch it on your comp or do you burn it on to discs and watch on the TV? Please do let me know this.
    The next best thing I can do is listen to its music online.
    Thanks for the great review Indhu.
    That Chithra seconds the movie review is an added assurance:)

L, Kamla

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Kamala,

I dont bother to burn the disc etc.....nowadays i watch them online too....or just downlaoad on to my laptop and watch when i can, then delete them.....that way we dont need to store them. But thi movie the first half was not a good copy, maybe in ur site u will find it better...only from the second half i could watch properly, but that itself created quite an impact...try to watch it, you will like it.....

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

hi Indhu and Paruthiveeran fans,

I also tried downloading it, not much success. Indhu- a compelling review. And it is 'yathartham' like the movie is supposed to be.

What are you guys- a writer couple?

regards
    Vidya

10. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hey guys

paruthiveeran is dam gud a movie..as everybody had pointed out karthi's performance is very very nice....for a change no masala in the movie..if u havent watched it till now..pls go n have a look right away...

lov
    sowmi