Party Planner and Event Management

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Mona2707, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Mona2707

Mona2707 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies

I am from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and would like to share my experience in my new venture. I started a event management/party planning venture with my good friend who is of Sri Lankan origin. Our aim was to conduct talks and organise events for individuals and organisations. My friend has some experience being in the travel industry whilst I am a greehorn in this field. Nevertheless I am a creative person by nature and love organising events. Our first talk was exclusively for women with regards to Self Empowerment and Harnessing your inner strengths. We had a wonderful program, in an informal cafe setting with hi-tea, lovely door gifts, flowers and classy ceritificates thrown in and for a very nominal fee. The reponse was dismal especially from the women of our community who would rather splurge it on shopping, movies or beauty culture. Unlike our Chinese counterparts who would not need a second bidding because they are all for improving themselves and their lifestyles. We maintained a never say die attitude though and it has paid off with an offer to do a fashion show for the exclusive Bharat Club (Indian expatriates club). Please could anyone of you who already are in this business please give us some guidelines or tips as to how to effectively promote and market our venture.

All your comments and feedbacks are most welcome!

Ta! Mona

2. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Mona,

Although we are in touch already, only today m noticing this thread. It is true, that our community thinks so many times before plunging into such things. Quite dismal!
    All the very best for your next venture!! And, do keep in touch!

Archana

3. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hai Mona,

Nice to c your new project. All the best. Hurdles are part of our life, especially in a business, that too for a starter. Just advertise more with glimpse ads, as u said ur a creative person, u can. Do try to perform some small shows by offering them discounts, if u catch a set of clients, then ur in the path of success and ur path can be laid well (that is ur basement)..............Hey!!!! don't worry........Enjoy and do ur business, it will work out. So all the best again....

4. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

Congrats on starting on your own.

Do you have a web site where your prospective clients can see your work, get to learn more abt you, etc ??

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

All the best Mona...

Dont worry.. its actually best to get to know these people before than later.. it will just boost our impulse to try harder and prove it to the world !!!

6. Sabrina Nayudu

Sabrina Nayudu New IL'ite

Hello Mona,

Greetings from Chennai!

I see we have some similarities in what we do....
    We may be able to throw some business at each other.
    Do keep in touch and let me know if there is anything I can do for you at my part of the world.

Just to let u know I have several freinds in Kula Lumpur as many years ago I worked for Malaysia Airlines and had the opportunity of visiting your wonderful country on several occassions.

I wish you all success.

Kind rgds
    Sabrina:thumbsup

7. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Sabrina,
    I have a very good friend who is extremely hard working sincere and gifted with excellent talent and to name one of them is communication skills.His dream is to start his own Soft skill company in Pune.He is in his struggling stage 28years of age .He needs a mantor I think and someone Mature to guide him.CAN you HELP.just a guiding light -in the sense how should he manage a training assignment in coperates etc.Please reply.

8. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Mona ..

Can you please let me know and help me into how I should float my EVent management Company in the market .Please PM me...