Party Hall in Chennai

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by Boo, Sep 16, 2008.

1. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Re: mini halls in mylapore

hi srividhya,

Contact Sangeetha residency in luz corner and near tank, hotel geethanjali near tank, hotel vasantha bhavan near tank in south mada street... all these hotels have mini halls... but you have do the booking very prior to the function or else it will get booked...

All the best..

Love,
    Vidyaa

2. krisvidhya

krisvidhya Silver IL'ite

thanks for your replies...halls attached to a kalyana mandapam or a mini standalone hall are wat i am looking for..can u help..?

3. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

You can try Sai Aravind Community Hall in R.A. Puram.

It is an A/c hall. Decent compact mantapam .

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

the halls that I have mentioned are halls with catering...you can also go for mandapams.. but they might be little expensive for seemandham.. Anyway you can give a try.. We have one in kutchery road, Raja Kalyana mandapam.. and there are so many other mandapams as well...

5. AnuSundar

AnuSundar New IL'ite

Birthday Part hall

Hello,
    Am looking for a birthday party hall for my son in and around Annanagar-Chennai. Please provide me the details of the halls.

Thanks,
    Anu

6. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

Re: Birthday Part hall

Hi Anu,

You need to post in a different thread...this is specific to Embriodery!

7. bhanuleo

bhanuleo Silver IL'ite

Re: Birthday Part hall

I think u had post in wrong place... u have to post in (India Tamilnadu sub forum.)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  8. SharmiPrav

SharmiPrav New IL'ite

Birthday Party Halls in chennai

Hi,

I am in UK now and am planning to celebrate by son's 1st birthday in Chennai in India, as that is my home town.We are looking for a party hall where they allow us to cater food from outside.We are planning to arrange the caterring from one of the caterring services because we feel that the hotels charge a very high price for food and their menu is also very normal only.

As we are expecting around 150 to 200 members, it would be very expensive if we takeup the food service from the hotels with party halls.

I knew that now a days all hotels which provide party halls make money only with their food service which they charge very high for a normal menu.

Since we are in UK we dont have much idea on the party halls which allow catering from outaside.

Please can anyone let me know if there is any good birthday party halls(anna nagar,nungambakkam,T-nagar,vadapalani and around those areas) that allow outside catering.So that I can ask my uncle in India to have a look at it directly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Also I am interested to know any party halls in good hotels offering good food at a reasonable rate,near and around the areas i have mentioned earlier.

Can you let me know the hotel name and the cost per person for food.

Your help is much appreciated.

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: Birthday Party Halls in chennai

Hi...

As far as I know, no hotel will allow outside catering. The average cost per head in a hotel comes around Rs.300 to Rs.400 excluding taxes. But if you add up the cost for arranging a separate hall and outside catering, that will also come close to this amount.

If you are looking for vegetarian, then saravanabhavan halls might be a good option...The cost is also less compared to other veg hotels, starts from Rs.200. The hall is also reasonably good.

It would be a good idea to have someone personally visit the halls/hotels and find out...you will have a lot of options/deals then...

I have mentioned a few places in http://www.indusladies.com/forums/events/66247-birthday-party-in-chennai-guide.html

Will add more info to that thread as I get them as I am also on the lookout for a hall for my kid's birthday. You too can add your findings there.

Radhee.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  10. SharmiPrav

SharmiPrav New IL'ite

Re: Birthday Party Halls in chennai

Hi Radhee,

Thanx for your reply.I do agree with your point that no hotels allow outside catering.

I have asked a couple of friends in chennai to enquire in few hotels with reasonable charge for food.

Also thought I would get to know many more from IL.

BTW when is your kid's B'day?

-Sharmi