1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"!" - Part 4 - Final episode

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ish_nalini, Dec 2, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

"!" - PART 4 - FINAL EPISODE
    Continuation of "!"-Part 3

An idea aroused in Nandhini’s mind…She discussed about it with her husband Naraen. Nandhini was happy with his positive reply. She went to bed feeling butterflies in her stomach, she thought that if Maragatham had known about her decision she would praise her by keeping on her head.
    Sun streaming falled on the beautiful face of earth. Those streams when it falls on the earth it looks as though the earth is in ready pose for a full size photograph. That day the sun arosed not only for the planet earth but also for a person who really going to relish this day in her era.
    Nandhini prepared all the delicious dishes from her menu list and did few more interior decorations in her house. Her three years old son Vinay questioned her “Amma why are you preparing all these foods, who is going to come to our home?”
    “Vinay we are going to welcome one of our new family member, she is your grandma “
    Vinay wonder Nandhini told him that his only ever-loving grandma passed away ,he was astonished who would be the new comer.
    Nandhini, Naraen, Vinay all of them were ready. Naraen saw a indescribable happiness in Nandhini face. They altogether went to the nearby old age Home. Shenbaga maami unexpected their arrival to old age home and guessed that it would be vinay’s birthday so that they came there to donate something for the trustee. The moment Nandhini saw her she was delighted and called her closely, “Amma please come here” Shenbagam was stunned by the word which Nandhini used to call her, it recalled her old memories with his son. Shenbagam pacely reached them with a question mark in her face.
    Nandhini and Shenbagam converse for a while and Nandhini revealed the reason for their arrival and she waited patiently for the reply from Shenbagam.
    There was a silence remained from Shenbagam.Naraen interfere in the conversation and breaked not only the silence from the surrounding but also from Shenbagam’s thoughts.
    “Maami I guess you are very clear about our arrival, Nandhini told me all your miserable story. I felt very bad about that but Nandhini took one step forward and took this decision. I whole-heartedly welcomed her idea. We want you ma we need a senior citizen to guide us.Our family needs you to show your choicest blessings.” Naraen stopped for a moment and then continued.
    “We would like to adopt you ma as our mother .We would be most luckiest people if you accepted our proposal or else we would be the unluckiest one. We won’t force you, the final decision is up to yours”
    Shenbagam has no words to say .Her clear sharp eagle sight is now cover with a layer of tears. She detests herself since she was unable to have a glimpse at the pure hearts standing before her.She started speaking after wiping out her tears.
    “Naraen, Nandhini .I guess I am the most favourite child of God or else how he would have send you people to me .If I refuse you then my conscience would kill me for my sin act. At this moment I would be the happiest person in the world . In this deceptive world not even a son is willing to step forward to take care of his own mother, and you are willing to grab that I am very proud of both for your gratitude towards me.”
    All the moral, ethical laws are handled by the old age home management and relieved Shenbagam from them with missing tears.They greeted Shenbaga maani with a cardial welcome.
    Days passed on Shenbagam enjoyed each and every moment being a member of that family. She loves preaching historical stories to Vinay, She let her hand to help Nandhini in kitchen, though she refused her not to do any work. She never missed a day to put viboothi on Naraen’s forehead and even Naraen never missed to get her blessings.
    As usually days passed Shenbagam after doing her regular work in kitchen she placed her back in the chair and concentrated on the hot issue in the daily tabloid. She suddenly got disturbed by a shadow which is well experienced by Shenbagam who is nothing but her son who refused her and went back after her daughter in law. Shenbagam stood there with a reaction, which can’t be recognized. She doesn’t know how to react .She doesn’t know how to welcome his own son to her new family. She stood like a free zed candle.
    Nandhini too was shell-shocked, she thought of slapping him for his behaviour as considering him to be her brother but no way .She rushed up greeting him. Shenbaga mami’s son open his mouth “I would like to go US with my mom.”
    Nandhini turned towards Shenbaga maami. Shenbaga maami called her to have a personal talk.
    “Nandhini I was previously informed about his arrival”,Nandhini was puzzled.
    “Yesterday a guy called me through phone isn’t it. Even I told you that I will tell you about that later. He is rather than my son’s friend. He ringed me to inform that he received a call from my son few days back and my son told him that his wife ,my daughter-in-law is not feeling well and she is also conceived so she need some one to take care of and also they can’t pay house maid since they owe more money .Because of all these reason he is going to arrive Chennai to take me with him to solve all his above purpose. This is what that guy told me and cautioned me not to go with him and fall in hell” Maragatham still can’t stop weeping.
    Nandhini was in her high temper. She really feel like slapping Shenbaga maami’s son and bash him off. She moved there quickly and yelled at him..
    “I will ask you only one question, If your son does the same for you after 20 years what will you do? I won’t say that you don’t hear to your wife but also consider that, more than her your mother shed all her blood to make your future a bright one. Even now she used to worry about you and your family. She never let you down in any case. She is now like a child to take care off. What would be your situation if she would have left you in the street after your birth, that’s is how she is feeling now .She feel the loneliness as a orphan . ”Her outburst resulted as a tears.
    He was unable to face her and guessed that they would have known about the reason of his arrival. He felt ashamed of himself and regret his mistakes. He has no words to reply, he showed a sign of deep sorry towards her mother and fall on her foot. He quickly moved from there. He heard a sound calling him.
    “My son wait I am also coming with you”. Nandhini was shocked but expected that Shenbagam as a soft character in her nature and can’t lead her life without her lovable son. Shenbagam turned towards Nandhini waiting for her approval to go as a child when it arrives to school waits for her mother to say 'tata'. Nandhini send-off her with a serene smile.
    Nandhini entered home and took her 3 years old son, embraced him and told him
    “Hey vinay when are you going to marry da? I am eager to welcome my dear DIL “
    Naraen replied as though he waited for the question to arise from her mom.
    “Ma when I find a nice girl like you I will marry her the next moment.” he uttered in a childish manner.
    Nandhini kissed him and had a look on Maragatham’s photo carring a garland, without her knowledge she thanked her by raising her hands for something she experienced personally in her era.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
    1 person likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very nice one, Nalini, with lot of twists and turns in the final episode!
    Hats off to Nandhini and Naren couple!
    Shenbagam maami is truly blessed to have those couple as her own children.

to the last line, on a lighter note:

I think this is the same question Goddess Parvathi asked Lord Ganesha, when he is going to marry and He still looking for a bride, just like his Mom.

sriniketan

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri,
    I am very glad to see your post in my thread.When I saw a post I was just flying.I cordially thank you for your interest put on to read the story from the very beginning.I was really very very happy tp recieve your comment than when I was declared with my exam results.I am cherished by your wonderful comments.I thank you once again.....
    P.s :Sorry I was not aware of those conversations,but i really enjoyed adding those sentences in story.Thanks for intimating me one of our religious story.

Nals

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nalini
    This story was really good and touchy one...............
    Well written read all the 4 parts today I really missed such a wonderful story.
    Actually there is nothing in the relation it is the love that is showed to each other which is more important in life.

5. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Hi Nalini,
    very nice story. just read all 4 parts. Good twists and turns and nice ending.
    Aparna

6. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hi nalini...i luved it !!!

7. amoha

amoha New IL'ite

Can not help but say this is the plot for the Jyothika & Saritha movie - June R.

8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

nice one... so shenbaga mami went away with her son then?

9. ranjinimookandi

ranjinimookandi New IL'ite

Wonderful story...A must read story for today's generation. Very beautifully narrated. [​IMG]