1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"!"-Part 3

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ish_nalini, Nov 21, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

continuation of ! -Part 2
    " ! " - PART 3

Gestation for the first time is always a wonderful moment in a woman’s era. Nandhini felt the same enjoyment .On her 9th month as all other expectant mother, Nandhini too decided to all go to her home, Maragatham come to know about her interest to go to her mom’s place. On the very afternoon Nandhini keep on wandering to all the nook and corners to pack her luggage. She hear Maragatham conversing over phone, Nandhini recognized the opponent to be her mother. The whole conversation is not audible but before she place her receiver Maragatham told her mother that,
    “Sorry Nandhini ma I can’t send her, sorry ”. Nandhini predicted that that would be regarding her Seemantham ceremony.
    Nandhini got disappointed, though she guessed about the conversation she can’t stand by her prediction .She prayed God that she should go wrong in this guessing. Nandhini felt herself dolt for allowing such an despicable thoughts in her mind. She is more confident that Maragatham wouldn’t do such things to her. She is always at her side, what ever she wishes.
    “Nandhini am not going to allow you to go for your Seemantham”, Nandhini haven’t expect those words from Maragatham’s mouth. Maragatham continued..
    “See Nandhini your mom is already weak and only few months back she was operated in her stomach, I feel that , at this time you should not add burden to them. Moreover I feel very lonely when you leave here, I want to celebrate your Seemantham and want to take care of you as my MIL took care of me, is that any objection for you?”
    Nandhini was as usual astonished by the sweet surprise.She was ecstatic.
    “Ma I am so lucky to have you as my MIL”
    “Nandhini you are the only responsible person for my behaviour, who will get such a understanding, sharing DIL like you?”
    The cool breeze filled with love waves.
    Nandhini valagappu ceremony held in Loyal Meridian in a grand manner. She give birth to a bubbly son. Though he resembles Nandhini, Nandhini uttered to all her neighbours and friends that he resembles Maragatham.
    After few days unfortunately Maragatham’s husband passed away on heart attack. Maragatham was more affected by her great loss of companion. She felt solitude around her. Nandhini noticed it and she knows no consoling words will cool Maragatham’s deep sorrow but she want to favour and want Maragatham to regain like before. Nandhini consulted with Naraen and resigned her hob.
    “Nandhini now-a-days to make both ends meet both of them should go for job, staying in home will never encourage you to learn things in outside world.”
    “No ma, sorry to tell you, I have decided please regret me, I have to be in home to take care of child”, Nandhini well known that there is no one to compete Maragatham to take care of Vinay, the word “CHILD” refers to Maragatham, yes Nandhini want to show more attention towards her 1st child Maragatham.
    When Nandhini got married, the qualification behind her name in the invitation is Nandhini B.A. She understood her family economic situation and haven’t continued pursuing her studies. Even after marriage Naraen forgot to encourage her in her studies but maragatham called Naraen and said,
    “Naraen she have completed her B.A with distinction marks, why don’t you assist her to do her M.A., so that she will spread education to all other illiterate students. What do you say?”
    Nandhini got admitted in a reputed college as part time student. Nandhini can’t pay Maragatham in return to her extreme love. Nandhini found this situation at least would give her a chance to show her love.
    After Nandhini FIL passed away she never left Magatham to stay alone. Wherever she and Naraen goes, she always call for Maragatham to join them. It may be cinema, drama or picnic.
    “Nandhini I am an elderly woman, you both go and enjoy dear, I will take care of Vinay”, Nandhini will never hear to her excuses.
    “Ma only at this time you can enjoy things relax with no other tensions, come on get ready “.Once in a month she will ask Naraen to arrange for a visit to South Indian temples.Maragatham love to ger dharishnam of deities.
    Let it be a small blouse bit purchase for Nandhini , she always opt for another piece.
    “Ma long back you haven’t wore this red pattu saree, I bought you a new blouse piece replace the old one,you look awesome in that saree you know”.Nandhini always give her sweet surprises.
    If Maragatham show a little tiredness in her face by the next moment both of them would be in clinic after catching an auto. Maragatham usually wonder, even if she had a daughter she wouldn’t be treated in such a caring manner.
    All the nieghbours, relatives and friends will roll their eyes and gossips about their strong bond. If anyone gab to Maragatham about their MIL or DIL.Maragatham pick out her pleasant moments with Nandhini and advise them not to gab about family members to the third person, that will increase the problem on the other side.
    The final days of Maragtham she fall sick, she was unable to walk even a single step. At that time Nandhini stood at her side and be her great supporter. Death of Maragatham become a crucial time for Nandhini that was the biggest tragedy she ever met. Feeling of her absence was like a nightmare to her.She felt her days with Maragatham were transitory and it moved very quickly like passing clouds. Nandhini recalled all her memories; she was obsessed with those sweet moments. She felt the wetness on her cheeks with out her knowledge she shed tears.
    Nandhini stood up from the upholstered sofa and slowly walked and compared her life with Shenbaga Mami’s destiny, she was absconded by her own family members. Suddenly an idea strikes Nandhini…

"!" continued......
    IL's please check it out the final 4th part here by the below link....
    "!" - Part 4 - Final episode

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nalini,
    This part 3 is full of twists and turns and I feel that you had been carried away by the cinematic atmosphere by which, good people always 'go away' first!
    But waiting to see what idea Nandhini has regarding Shenbaga Mami!

sriniketan

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Srini,
    You always lead to comment my thread.Does this makes you to feel like a cinema?,But I feel each and every moments of the characters and think that if this situation continues in every family then mwe can see DIL + MIL quarrel only in TV Serial stories. Thanks for your wonderful comments.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ish....

Good one.with twists as usual.....i don't dare to think about your idea...have a good guess..let me see....

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear shanvy,
    Thanks for your comment.The next part is really going to have a nice twist and I am sorry to say that that is going to be the final part.

6. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

I think nandini will keep shenbaga mami at their home as her mil and take care of her.. am i right?