1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Part-2 SIL sleeps in the same room with me and DH

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ras09, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    its a good Monday Morning in office....
    Most of you must be surprised that how can monday morning be pleasant in office??
    Let me tell you... my ILs are in house since friday and they are not planning to leave until wednesday. so i m happy to get out of house on monday morning...

Thanks to all the ladies for your replies on my previous post " SIL sleeps in the same room with me and DH "
    Now i m here to update you on that.
    Finally i am successful to keep my SIL out of my bedroom.
    i was planning to buy a new bed for her. but i didnt mention to my husband that its because i want to keep her out of bedroom
    My husband was insisting me to tell him that why do i need separate bed so desperately?
    so i finally told my husband that i need my privacy. i dont want your sister to sleep with us in our bedroom. She is most welcome in house but not allowed to sleep in our bedroom with us.

Fortunately, he understood me. he was also feeling uncomfortable sleeping with me while his sister is in room. he agreed with me that she should not sleep in the same room.
    we didnt buy new bed.. he asked his father (my FIL) to sleep in the other room. My FIL got agree to it. My FIL slept in living room with his bedding on floor.
    Still my SIL was asking ... which room i m suppose to sleep??
    Obviously she will sleep with MIL in other bedroom.. i didnt speak a word.
    My husband told her... sleep with mom in the other bedroom..

so this way, my problem get solved....
    Thanks ladies for your advices without which i would have not been able to do that.
    And of course with my husband's support also..
    Thank you all..

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Ras congrats... and this was great going with a positive result & no altercation..
    However be prepared for a thunderstorm cos this SIL of yours is not giving up that soon... get another bed in any case & make the other bedroom equally comfortable... even if its for a price of few thousands.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ras, Happy for you.I have been a silent follower of your threads and am happy that you were able to put our fellow ILs opinion to action. I agree with Shilpama, she might create a problem stating FIL is sleeping on floor so that she can continue sleeping in your room. So get a cot when possible.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  4. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Yayy, great to hear that ras09. Glad to know it went off without any fireworks.. but just be careful frm SIL, she might have wounded her ego and might plan on something, stay calm..tc

5. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ras

Good to hear that. I have been reading your threads and happy that with all the ILs advise it finally worked. Wondering how your sil face might have turned :crazy when she was informed to go to the other bedroom. Good that you are working so you have peace of mind atleast during your day time.

6. mankan

mankan Gold IL'ite

congratulations and celebrations,i read your previous post.its good that u got your room finally.all the best.if hubby is supportive then we dont need anything else.

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Glad to know everything worked out. :thumbsup

8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

(Removed post.)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  9. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Ras,that's good.Only thing worrying me is FIL sleeping on the floor.Old man is made to sleep on the floor while the young lady sleeps on the bed! Please get a bed for your FIL.Why should he have to suffer because of his daughter?

10. ras09

ras09 New IL'ite

@ Sunitha...
    They have habit of sleeping on floor.. We use very thick mattress.
    we were planning to buy new bed. But it was wastage of money according to my ILs. Because they thought that bed will be used by my DH( as he used to sleep on floor earlier)
    Now they will get know why extra bed was needed..
    Anyways we are planning to buy new bed when they will come next time..