1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Park La Brea reviews?

Discussion in 'Indians in Los Angeles' started by mercyme, Oct 2, 2012.

1. mercyme

mercyme New IL'ite

hi

we are a planning to move to PLB next month and we got 2 kids, an infant and a 2 yr old i hardly get any time for cleaning and all the places online speak of bead bugs and cocroaches problem, i want to know if thats true or something i need to worry about? pls ILs share ur experiences if u live or ve lived in these appartments.

Thanks

1 person likes this.

2. anonymous2011

anonymous2011 Senior IL'ite

I had been to this apt community long back, loaded with full of desis, it is good quiet homely and friendly atmosphere, as most of the families are Indians almost I think close to thousand families , this is the largest community apartments in LA which has maximum Indians :) so go for it !Hope this helps!

They do have hardwood floors almost in all the apartments. so don't worry about bugs etc

Oh the best thing is there is a Ross store right behind these apartments actually lot of shopping centers like dollar tree, walgreens etc etc. There is this shopping center called The Grove!

3. mercyme

mercyme New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. We are postive on moving to PLB now, after reading your reply. Just would like to know one more thing... are there any good Indian grocery stores around to buy stuff like dals rice and veggies? any info. would be helpful

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mercyme,

I have stayed at Park LaBrea before and yes, it is a total Indian community. You can see parties where there would be so many women bedecked in jewels and saris and would remind us of India. I really loved my stay there and would definitely recommend it to anyone. There were no roaches or bed bug issues when I was staying there. Indian store, not so near but in some miles. But we usually go to Artesia once a month to get our Indian stuff. So have a good time there!!

5. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There's Asian Mart close by and heard there's an Indian store at Pico....
    Good luck ....:thumbsup

6. mercyme

mercyme New IL'ite

Thanks helpmeangel and knbg for the info. i'm looking fwd to my stay in par la brea after all these reviews.

thanks again

7. gowribalakumar

gowribalakumar New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm surprised with other replies. I've been in PLB until Sep 2012 (for about 15 months) and just moved out and I've had a different experience than others.

If you have a choice with going to another location I would say forego this one. This place had all kinds of problems unfortunately. We were in the Main floor in a Tower apartment and the kitchen sink always got flooded with water (it would be soapy and stinks bad) from underground pipes (thats what maintenance would say). There was not a lot of issues with bugs in winter although since february it has been a struggle with cockroaches. You could argue our kitchen wasn't clean but trust me we've tried every possble thing to keep them out but it never solved it.
    Apart from these health hazards, parking in the weekends for guests is a huge issue (but thats what you pay for living in a neighborhood like that). Anyway, it is the community that makes it attractive. The model home they show will sweep you off your feet. Beware!!!

8. gowribalakumar

gowribalakumar New IL'ite

If you still want to move to that place and want suggestions on some indian grocery, here are some places:
    India Spices and Groceries
    5994 W Pico Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90035

There is one more we used to go. It was an Asian grocery place on Venice blvd next to Annapurna restaurant. There are 3 other places on Venice anyway.

9. geethprabu

geethprabu New IL'ite

Hi... i am going to move park la brea next month.. i am looking for indian friends. kindly ping me your details.

10. geethprabu

geethprabu New IL'ite

hi all... i am looking for indian friends in park la brea.. i am a tamil girl. pls ping me