Paris Trip

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by sunisunny, Apr 12, 2010.

1. sunisunny

sunisunny New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am planning to go to Paris with Star tours, they are conducting 3 days and 4 days trip.For me getting a holiday is little bit difficult. I am Planning to go in bank holiday. I would like to ask for your suggestion if three days trip is good or four days trip is good.
    Star tours is charging 235 pounds for three days , do you think it is worth or if we would go on our own would it be still cheaper.

Sorry for asking I need your advise and suggestions.

Thanks
    sunny

2. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

Hi
    We had gone on a trip to paris with startours, i guess it was a 3 day and on a bank holiday,but to be very frank v did not enjoy it much as there were lot of people and there were around 4 coaches full of our people . There was also a big que for dinner and was like a wedding had to wait for people 2 get up andd take the seat.
    We don't remember the places we visted too now as it was a very hectic one, planning to go again but not on a tour this time .
    Hope you find the information useful to decide your trip, anyways have fun.

3. sunisunny

sunisunny New IL'ite

Sorry for the delay in reply. Thanks for the reply Honeyline. I am planning to go with the STar because they are well planned and also i have heard that it is better to go with the tours, there are certain places where one needs to be carefull because of Blacks as i met one couple where they have went on their own and they had some bad experience. So advised to go with tours.

So do you say that 4 days is good then 3 days because in 3 days they won't cover much.

I am still not able to make decision whether to go in 3days or 4 days. because of my leave problem.
    thanks.
    sunisunny

4. Dawny

Dawny New IL'ite

Hey girl!
    Well , i live in Paris and i can tell you don't need a tour operator to visit it.
    It is a safe city, as safe as London or Berlin can be.
    I promise "black people" are dangers. You can also have troubles while travelling with your tour operator (when you got spare time for shopping for example) : ie you can meet the people that you should have avoid anywhere.

About a 3 or 4 days stay, it depends about wht you would like to do there.
    If you want to visit museums like le Louvre : you will need half a day per museum .
    The Château de Versailles : a whole day as it is quite huge and outside Paris.

Tell me more about your trip, i surely can help you.

:) see you.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  5. sunisunny

sunisunny New IL'ite

Hi Dawny,
    Many Thanks for the reply. As I could see there are lots of places to see in Paris.

I have gone through the itinary of Paris 3 day trip which Star tours is conducting, people say it is resonable and if we do on our own it would be the same cost, but i am not sure.

I am planning in August 3rd week. Can u please give your suggestion if August will be good i think summer would be still there .

What do you suggest regarding the star tours itinary, is the price and places they are showing is okay or Do you think we would cover more places if we go on our own for the same price.

I have attached the itinary please guide me.

Thanks
    sunisunny.

Attached Files:

6. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

hi dear!

I am also in paris, and I agree with Dawny!

You can probably get it for cheaper than the orgnaized tour..a bit cheaper i guess if you can lay your hands on some good eurostar tickets, there are some flahs sellings...check on the net... hre you can stay at some cool but cheap hotels such as Etap Hotel or Formula 1...

you can manage buying some pass for soem days for transport in the metro...

when are you planning to come?

how many of you will travel?

paris is not that big indeed and many places you can see at a time, that is in one day:
    the whole concorde- place de l etoile- chatelet (etson shopping!)-les quais de seine- st michel ...

the nicest if to take a pass and then , you just take whatever bus, much nicer than the metro though less quick but if you enjoy a nice weather, could be sweet so tat you get to see more of the city!

PLease be careful of those romanians in the metro (touts!!!). in the bus, it s much safer!
    at st lazare / opera, there is a bus taking you to roissy and orly (airports) for 14 euros if my memory serves me well....

otherwise you will arrive at gare du nord, if you come by eurostar. the indian / tamil quarter is right there but gare du nrod itself is a place where you should be careful.

Do not worry at all, paris is quite safe , but dont trust anyone too much nor lave your wallet on the counter of the RATP though next to you or this sort of thing....right now it s pretty rainy.... but i hope you ll be lucky enough to enjoy a nice weather when over here...

lt me know if you have any other questions.

i ll be delighted to help you in the best way can !!!

a bientôt!

7. sunisunny

sunisunny New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply Lalli.We are just two people. Planning for August 3rd week. I think the disney land takes one day, i heard there are two disney lands, which is the best to go .

8. smilly

smilly Senior IL'ite

Hi sunisunny,

Have a nice trip with star tour.....actually last year may we also gone to panaromic eroupe tour the same star tours.It was very nice.within 5 days they condected many places..at the same time they gave us very good hotels to stay our tasty indian food, it was nice we enjoyed it.u can go 3 days trip.my friends gone to 3 days they are also saying yaa its enough of the days....:thumbsup

9. lalli30

lalli30 Senior IL'ite

hi dear!
    Oh God, why did they include this Disneyland and to last 1/3 of your time in this beautiful country!

I would personnally not go with start tours because there are so many other nice things to see!
    there are the chateau de la loire( the castles of the loire river!!!) , a few kms away from paris, that are a real treat!
    you can also visit the gorgeous place of famous impressionist, monet, a few kms away from paris also!

Moreover, in paris there are soooo many places to discover like the sacré coeur, the Eiffel Tower area, the wonderful parks... Les jardins des tuileries...

See you!