1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Vegetarina- Kids what to do????

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by radsahana, Feb 18, 2010.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi latha,

thanks for the fb.

ME too doesnt want kid to became non-veg, nor i will cook for them at home.

But as you said, some of indian friends pointed out, like your kids will have porblem, when they will go out in bday party etc... etc... etc...

I agree with "Advitha" also, that it is possible to remain vegetarian.

I just thought, if i am doing wrong by not allowing kids to eat non veg.

now i am little bit assured that i am not doing wrong in keeping veg:)

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

We are vegetarians and dont eat egg also. My daughter who is 14 years , used to eat cakes from bakeries (however I dont eat cakes, unless it is eggless one).Couple of years back we went to US where my brotherin law and family stays(his daughter is 8 years old) . I was surprised, that the girl and my cosister check the ingredients of many store items before purchasing viz cookies, cakes etc to check whether it contains eggs, gelatine etc. That girl doesnt eat cakes, muffins(which contains egg) and jelly type of confectionaries which contain gelatine. I really appreciated my cosister and my niece. After returning from our abroad trip, now my daughter also is hesitant to eat cakes (which contain egg), even though I tell her, since you are already used to eating it and if you like it, that is ok with me if you occassionally eat cakes .But it has been an eye opener for her.

To tell that people cant practice vegetarianism abroad is really myth, as from my personal experience of relatives and from our own many ILites life , we can see that it is after all a matter of principle and what you believe in.

Radhi

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010