1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents of children with autism, living in and around Boston

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by teacher, Feb 4, 2013.

1. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Temple Grandin will speak at Babson College, Wellesley on Feb 6th. Pre registration is required. You can check out the events registration page from Babson college or contact
    Kpereira@babson.edu

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

That would be a long trek from Angola for you, but if you do go, take good notes!
    and report back?!:hide:
    It's interesting looking at the world through her eyes.
    If you like her, you might enjoy reading about / books by Simon Baron-Cohen. Perhaps you already know his work. Very provocative!

3. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Hi Soka,
    Yes, I did attend a conference nearby aero which I went to a wedding at Wellesley...it is a gorgeous place. I have seen her speak many times. One thing stuck in my brain is how she walked back and forth across the stage as she talked:)

I have always been fascinated by pragmatic language skills...and how different societies place value on very different skills. I do have a bad habit of observing people closely to see how they present themselves...bad because it is none of my business but interesting to me because I feel that most of us deviate from the norm at some time or the other.

'Provocative' is a good word:) my friend has a lovely child who is very 'honest.' She finds that as he grows older she has to work harder to teach him to read between the lines and understand that honesty can come in shades...because she wants him to succeed in his social and academic life but most of all, to be happy.