1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents Inlaws About To Visit In Usa,husband Already Behaving Strange

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by 27csweetangel, Apr 21, 2016.

1. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

So my inlaws are going to be here in 4 months to stay . We have a 6 month old daughter which .We have 3 bedrooms third one small but nice sunny guest room.initially I thought that we will be giving guest room to his parents .But my husband decided to give my daughter's room to them. THen I moved my daughters toys and diapering stuff to guest room for her to play during daytime. Now hubby started saying this rooms looks nice let mom dad rest and hangout here during daytime .I m really sad.I cannot really voice against this.please dont judge me here.Only suggest some ideas so that in-laws thenselves will get message that my daughter after all needs her space .

2. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

the only space a 6 month needs is a pair of loving arms. she can sleep anywhere , everywhere. pick up another battle let this go. You would be excited if your family was visiting right, give him some support please..

3. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

Thanks you put it very beautifully but looks good only in stories or songs ,In real life daily life she needs her space to explore and play along with love .So please dont judge here . Honestly no I m not excited because kind of people my inlaws are.

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Don't move your kids stuff.Tell your husband that when in-laws come,you can move aside a little bit and make space for them so that their grand kid can play and they can watch her all day.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

My kids room stays as it is most if the time, guest can join in and play with them, my 7 mth son will move from one toy to another n guest have to adjust along, hope that helps.

6. aishu0001

aishu0001 New IL'ite

Set up a play yard in the guest room, that would take up most of the space and it will be very helpful when your daughter is alone with your in-laws. At least you can have peace of mind that she will be playing only in that area and not hurt herself and your in-laws will go in that only if they want to play with your daughter.

7. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op...your husband's parents are visiting and he wants them to feel at home.They are family,not guests.They are here to spend time with their grand child.

You have the rooms.Give them a comfortable room to sleep in and put up a couch or a mattress in your daughters room so that they can enjoy watching her there.

Except your bedroom,the whole house should be available to them otherwise it becomes a prison.

Be generous and let your husband have a say here. When your parents come...you decide how you want to make them comfortable.

My in-laws do not like clutter and don't like rugs ,plants flowers etc in their room .
    When they come,they get a minimalistic room with plain pastel bedsheets and the only decorations are lots of family pictures.They like it like that.My husband told me to remove the clutter for them.

My parents like cosy room with rugs,cushions ,bright sheets,plants,fresh flowers so I get all this out for them .

Rihana, joylokhi, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

your husband is not behaving strange. ...he is excited and most probably nervous about his parents visit and want to give them the best....he wants to make them comfortable and happy as much as possible, hence confused which room will be good for them....
    you have 3 bedrooms so let him choose a room for his parents, remaining one can be given to your baby....
    i understand when inlaws don't behave well with you, you dont like any kind of pampering for them in your house by anybody. . .fair enough. ....but try to see your husband perspective....for him they are his parents.....try to see the situation through his eyes. ....

sindmani likes this.
  9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I actually had a grin reading 6 months old need space. 6 months old can be put anywhere ( safe) and he won't know if he /she was in in separate room or not. Infact she will be happy sorrounded by people.

H is excited/nervous at the same time. He is thinking about their comfort and not wrong. I think if it was your parents coming, you would behave same. I am also not excited about my ILs and just count days there but i like them to spend time with my LO. Be happy that you have grandparents coming all the way to you and love your daughter. It might be stressful for you but think about long term benefits.

10. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@OP, u say not to judge you. But it is impossible not to judge you when you have problems in accomodating your husband's parents as he wishes inspite of having a three bedroom house. And, a six month old kid who definitely needs no space other than what we wish to give him/her.
    I was just wondering what are relationships coming to - not blaming you or supporting your in laws whose equation with you only you know - yet it is difficult to fathom!

anupartha likes this.