1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents first......alliance called off!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by adara, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Unless the guy and girl have intereacted one-on-one before, the arranged marriage meeting is a joke anyway. Both parties can be nervous or bit over-enthusiastic or apprehensive, whatever.

Say, the person did not utter those words. This girl agrees to get married, what if he later turns out to be a bad type of H?

This A.M. is a russian roulette anyway! :)
    For people to think that they can "figure out" someone in one or two or three meetings is a funny concept. Sometimes even after so many years, we havent figured out some aspects of our spouses :idea

It is a lottery if you decide to go the AM route anyway. You can do some level of "pre-determination" but if that were to help, you wont have so many threads here. Not that Love Marriage is a magic potion, there are troubles with that too.

2. samba500

samba500 Senior IL'ite

I think the girl is more mature than the boy. At the same time, the boy may be completely inexperienced with girls/women, which is a plus.

I think the girl is too judgmental or not ready for an arranged alliance. The reason seems conceited or flimsy. Of course the prospective groom either was too assured about himself or a bit naive around girls/women.

Again any girl who hears a prospective groom say that he is going to put the bride on a pedestal or that she is going to be equal to his parents is very likely a snake oil salesman and should be avoided like a cobra (for he could be lying/manipulating).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]JMO..I think both boy and girl are wrong here. Boy for saying his parents come first and then the girl.... girl for thinking he should treat his parents and me equally... Both of them need to grow up !! Every relation has its own prominence . Neither wife can replace parents...nor parents can replace wife. So there should be no comparison basically.. A son remains son to his parents his entiiire life and so does a daughter. A wife is a wife his entiire life . There is nothing called treating equally or treating more and less. Explain your niece next time that...every relation has its own importance and she should not even think of treating equally, more or less . Let the boy give he prominence that he needs to give to his parents and prominence he needs to give to his wife !! :) [/JUSTIFY]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  4. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I too second rose's & sita's feedback here.