1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents first......alliance called off!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by adara, Oct 8, 2010.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Most of the guys are nervous when they meet and talk to a girl for the first time during an alliance, but they don't utter something stupid (unless they mean it) like the guy you mentioned did.

So rather than assuming and taking risk that he might have said it because of being nervous, your niece was right to cancel the alliance.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. fudge

fudge Senior IL'ite

Smart Girl..Wish all girls have at least half of her guts to decide what they want in their hubby.
    Even if he did not mean what he said but uttered those words out of nervousness as our fellow IL's mentioned, she probably did not want to marry a nervous jack.

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Why does anyone think it is nervousness anyway?As how we are worried if we will be taken care of by our husbands and their families,even the men must be worried if the girl would look after their parents.it's only that he conveyed it this way..he spoke in his sane mind..I don't think he was nervous.

4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

Amen to that!! Assuming he was nervous is nothing but giving him an excuse.

5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Good for her. She should have also said "oh me too I will put my parents first and then you" -- Then shown him the door. He is not the only fish in the ocean.

6. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

We should appreciate the man's honesty and at the same time your niece's decision MUST be respected.

There is quite possibility that she might be dominated by his parents or they might not be so bad. But why take the risk? If I were her, I would take the same decision too.

Marriage is not about who gets priority over whom. Marriage is about, both man and woman, leaving their parents and becoming one flesh and one blood.

So please ask your cousin not to push her into marriage because of age, but give her daughter ample time to meet the right one. Years do not count, but happiness/peace does.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  7. mahakumar

mahakumar Senior IL'ite

Good one. Good decision. She wont regret.

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

9. amnice

amnice Bronze IL'ite

Don't most Indian men put these words into action, anyways???? Then why did this man have to tell?.........:rotfl:rotfl

Unnecessarily, he has lost yet another chance to get married. Hope he realises this before he loses that little hair on this head.....(hey! no offense ...I am just kidding here.....:)......

Why do some people keep repeating and reiterating.....is it just to be extra cautious.....he! he! he!!....... Being toooooo cautious does not always pay off.....guys!!

Instead of imagining a nice honeymoon spot this guy is imagining and worrying about the after shocks of a MIL-DIL battle. :bonk

OP: He may be a good person but this kind of talk will put off majority of the women especially when you met that women for the first time. But some of them compromise and get married thinking "all men are like that" or for some there is parents pressure too. In your neice's case she has made a decision so no use asking her to compromise. She will surely find a suitable man that matches her mentality and being an independent thinker she will take that important decision in her life then. So, till then, we all need to wait and watch!!
    Thats all we can do.....I guess!!

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

One thing I would like to convey to any man who silently reads the forums,if any.a bride comes into the family with lots of dreams...you can put your parents on pedestal...anyone does,and maybe should do.But,at the same time...you should stand up for the lady with whom you have promised to support for the rest of your life.
    Otherwise,there is no meaning to marry someone and make her your slave.