1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parent's daughter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vaishnavisri, Sep 4, 2010.

1. vaishnavisri

vaishnavisri Senior IL'ite

Recently I was going through the grand wedding celebration of Rajinikanth's daughter. Though he being a top actor in South India, one of richest in Chennai and what not, the father's feeling when a daughter getting married is the same whatever be the family status. The girl is getting a new family, new relationships, responsibilities etc which will make her thrilled, but parent's life totally changes after giving their daughter in marriage.

My father was a very jovial person, but when it comes to other's mistakes, he used to point out on face and correct them (whatever be the relationship). To my surprise, he was not able to do that with my brother in law (elder sister's husband). Then I understood, that life of a man changes after his daughter's marriage. However straight forward he might be, he has to come a little bit down atleast for the sake of his daughter's life. On seeing this, we (we are totally four sisters) took vow that we will not make our parents to go down like this when we get married. But to our shock, even we weren't able to keep our vows. Its true that parents especially who have girls alone or majority of girls, what ever be their child's educational / career background, they are bound to be like my father. Like how a boy is given education, helped in career, savings, expenses etc are done, the same case is with girls too. Now a days, girls are no where lesser to boys but still why this.
    Now, in very few places, i am able to see some changes in this attitude. Some boys they treat their in-laws like their parents. They too call their in-laws "appa amma" which is a very positive growth. I wish that this trend grows to great heights so that even girl's parents share a front seat when in their daughter's life.

VAISHNAVI SRINIVASAN