1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parents 35th Wedding Anniversary

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by frndlysgp, Jan 30, 2016.

1. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

Hello All,

My parents 35th wedding anniversary is coming up in couple of months. I want some ideas regarding gifts and how to celebrate it. I stay abroad so not sure if i can fly down for their anniversary. Am planning to invite them to my place at least a week before the anniversary date and do some small celebration here. Don't have any family friends/cousins here to invite them over for the celebrations. So it would be only my parents me and my husband. Planning to take them on a cruise or a short vacation which is not finalised yet. Am very confused with all these as my husband also may have a business trip during the same time. So nothing is vey clear. Kindly suggest some ideas.

2 people like this.

2. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

No replies after 74 views :cry:.

3. ag1

ag1 Senior IL'ite

The cruise itself will be a good gift for them...you can make them a nice photo album of the cruise, add small items from the places the ships stops in ... This will make for a terrific sentimental gift

1 person likes this.
  4. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

Thanks ag1 for your response. Am still checking the cruise option and mostly it will be a 2N/3N cruise. Let me see if its work out. If any of you can suggest some ideas it will be very helpful. Am the only daughter and I feel very lonely as I cannot discuss the ideas like people who have siblings. So thought can get some ideas in this forum

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

You can give them 35 gifts as it is their 35th Wedding Anniversary. In that you can buy clothes for both of them, some pooja items, some jewellery, a hand bag for your mother, a wallet for your father, whatever they like you can gift them. This is not my own idear, someone in IL had posted long time back so thought of suggesting you

sindmani and yellowmango like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Please check if they have motion /sea sickness before you send them off on the cruise.
    If you are not sure...then sweet honeymoon package in a beautiful location.

1 person likes this.
  7. frndlysgp

frndlysgp Silver IL'ite

Thanks @yellowmango and @iyerviji ji for your replies. Well my mom wanted to go on a cruise always hence planning for that. Am also worried of sea sickness hence want to plan max of a 3N cruise. We will also go with them so I hope should not be a problem. If cruise plan does not work out then will plan for a short vacation. On the Anniversary day itself planning to go for temple, do a cake cut and then go out for dinner in some nice restaurant. If any of you could add some other ideas on top of this then it would be very helpful.

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Great...then give them that.Tell them to check with a doctor and get enough motion sickness medication.These days you get medication that doesn't make one drowsy.

1 person likes this.
  9. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

The ideal gift is a combination of non-material (lots of hugs, lots of quality time together, no harsh words, a good sit-down meal cooked by you, favorite dishes, LISTENING to their conversation) ...
    and the material (family photo session professionally, handbag, clothes, cruise, etc.)

So don't neglect either type. :) Anniversary wishes to your parents.

2 people like this.
  10. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

My Best wishes for them
    We have just celebrated our 50th today,
    Like you my daughters have not been able to attend and they actually organized a surprise party with the family here last month - a month in advance.
    So today we went to Cheshire Home and had a celebration with the disabled people and their caretakers there. This time only my brothers and sister came. It was sobering, satisfying and delightful.

2 people like this.