1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parenting by Working Women

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by RamyaSridharan, May 17, 2010.

1. RamyaSridharan

RamyaSridharan New IL'ite

Hi all ,
    I am new to IL. I simply love all the threads..the topics covered are all very amazing..This topic sounds very interesting too.

To begin with, I am a working mom..just started working. Its close to 2 months now,since I started working.I have a 6year old Girl and 1.5year old boy. My MIL takes care of them. My office is 25miles from home and it takes close to an hour to get to work.The very first day I started working, I was feeling very nervous and excited..like anybody else...but that was the FIRST EVER TIME I left my boy at home (with MIL)for this long. I was feeling very very bad and guilty.

Being the First day at work, I didnt have much to do..so I could leave early. The moment I opened the door, both my kids came running to me and gave me lots of hugs and kisses. That was really really touching. My boy had just started talking few months back and could say only words like Amma,Appa etc. But that day, he was talking to me continuosly pointing out each room, pointing out to the tv and what not...ofcourse I couldnt makeout what he was telling...but I coud realise that he had missed me the whole day and that he was updating me with all the events that had happend at home. My daughter too kept asking me "how was your work? Are u tired? when will you be back from work tormorrow?" and so on.... all these may sound very common to all of us reading this...but only when these moments come to you, you will realise them and feel the moist in your eyes.

As a working mom, I am definitely missing out all the Precious moments with my kids.Time flies and kids also grow fast.I also know we cannot rewind our lives...but at the same time,working oppurtunity also doesnt come for all. When it comes to you at the correct time + when you have family support,why miss that chance. Make hay while the sun shines.....After all We are all working for our KIDS - to give them better Education and Good standard of life.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,
    True, whatever you said about working!!!
    I too remember about my boys when I used to leave them in the morning and pick them up in the evening.
    They would be just waiting for me to come and pick them up.
    Time passes very soon, now they are so independent and they come home by themselves and stay at home.:)