1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

"Parattai........

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Manjureddy, May 6, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

....engira azhagusundaram" is the full title. Another film with rural base. It is said to be the remake of a film that was a superhit in its Kannada and Telugu versions ( Jogi) But, in tamil, it does not look like hit material. Though the screenplay ,moving into the city, contains scores of rowdies and weapon wielding henchmen, the basic story is about the Mother-Son bond. So, enough kerchief wetting scenes are woven in.

Dhanush as the village lad looks and acts the part. He is so simple, earnest and vulnerable in the earlier portions, that one starts feeling protective about him," poor boy "! Archana ( as his mother) is a fine actress. But here, inexplicably, we find her hamming to the hilt. She could have toned down that Innocent- Village -Mother act a bit.
    Meera Jasmine has an artificial role, forced into a story that dint need her.
    Santhanam's comedy is irritating.
    Nasser has turned in a decent performance.
    I found the Camera's frequent gymnastics quite a strain on the eye.
    The makers must have been confident of success when they borrowed a hit. But, something wrong somewhere !

manjula

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manjula,

Was nice to read your movie review after a long time. But why did you chose such a 'dud' movie to review??:)

You should write regular reviews of movies here. I like the way you view a movie and like it more the way you pen your words.

So , give me more please. What other new movies, never mind which language, did you see? Give us your input on them.

L, Kamla

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    The film "parattai-----" is so much hyped in the media locally, for the names of Dhanush &M Jasmin.
    I think Manjula is justified in reviewing it, so that we wll not go to watch the movie at all ! Otherwise we wound have been tempted to see it.
    "unnale unnale" is another movie, for which so much attention is built. Ruby saw it & said that I must be thankful, I did'nt go with her & waste my time watching it !
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Makes me wonder what happens to these film makers when they venture to make such mindless movies. My movie watching habits have changed Chithra, most watching takes place from my own couch and on my own TV screen. If I don't like something, I fast forward or just click the button and remove the CD and place it in the sleeve. No regrets. But I feel sorry for all those moviegoers especially in India. They go all the way to the theaters and pay quite a sum to watch a useless movie, it must pinch where it hurts. Besides, making movie is so expensive, how come these silly movie makers feel so free about throwing the money like that.
    Me wonders!
    Movie watching with my sister is an experience, although happens very rarely considering we live in two different continents. She fast forwards whenever a song sequence comes, I ff whenever a fight scene occurs, so , what else is there to watch in an Indian movie??:))))

L, Kamla

L, Kamla

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla,
    Do not waste your pity on us !
    Now we have such "most posh" theatres ( most of them multiplex) like Mayajal, Inox, Sathyam complex etc. The luxury is ultimate ! The music system is just perfect. And for the "eats" available there, oh ! Chinese, Merxican besides Indian !! Newer innovations in popcorn & pasties besides icecreams.
    Very often the movie may not be worth the money we pay - but in such "cosy" perfectly air-conditioned theatres, it is enjoyable to watch "real-life
    slides" going on around you ! So you get entertained & you get value for money also - irrespective of the movie being good or not !:mrgreen:
    We both will make a trip together to a movie in Chennai when you come & stay with me next year!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

You keep me tempted by extending such lovely candies...you are making me restless!
    I am sure that it is a pleasure to visit these multiplexes, I am yet to see them..next visit sure sounds exciting:) Hope you wont end up regretting your invitation when you are stuck with me:mrgreen:
    Sorry to dampen the spirit by throwing this cold water...but honestly, many in India cannot afford all that, they can only go see the movie at their usual ordinary cinemas..those are the ones who lose out on both ends.
    On the other hand, I have heard that even the very ordinary man( make that poor) these days braves to shell out the shillings(paisas!) because he is able to buy himself a bit of luxury for atleast three hours...makes sense.

L, Kamla

7. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamla
    Chithra is right about movie going being one helluva entertainment in India. If its a popular movie, we get to see live dancing and showering of coins in the Gandhi - Class. Another CT is Instantaneous reviews - we can overhear people criticising a scene just concluded; or supplying unexpected witticisms as rejoinder to onscreen dialogue !
    Movies by themselves form only part of the basis for our reaction to them. Our mood of the day, the ambience of the theatre and the company ( most important) are very infuential factors in deciding how much we enjoy it. Enjoyment can include tearing it to shreds too ! If the company is good, even a dud film can prove to be enjoyable viewing !
    (I love watching movies with my Sister and a young nephew. DVDs. with hubby, because he can come up with such unintentionally funny comments about actors )

PS: Kamla, you scare me with your high expectations ! Looks like whenever I tap the keyboard a whole circus is expected to unfold ! oh please !

manjula

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Manju, Chithumma and Thaamarai Buddy,

The experience of reading the leader post and the exchanges were like a perfect snack(courtesy: VF interactions) that I'm reserving it for a future call during a rainy day.

Good!