1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paraovarian Cyst & Pain

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by parineetha, Sep 26, 2016.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

My last utrasonography suggested a small paraovarian cyst approx 1.5x1.2 cms in left adnexa close to and separate from ovary. This was just a finding but doc did not give much importance coz the size being very small..otherwise my both ovaries, uterus and endometrial cavity are normal.

Now my last two ICs were quite painful and this scares me :(. I haven't had this pain all this while. Is it coz of my cyst as it may put pressure on the left ovary..I'm doing a wild guess here.

Any of you had experienced this before? Do I make sense? Or is it due to something else. I can't think of anything else right now.

2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Neetu,

Sorry to hear about the cyst issue. Often question comes to mind, 'why me?' but, it is easily treatable. Lucky to get diagnosed than our previous generation and they were shy not to discuss the problem with others until it became unbearable with pain.

It does cause severe pelvic pain and it will be a long journey between the diagnosis and till you find a permanent solution. If you decided to get pregnant, it will also grow along with baby (overcrowd). At the same time, it will also hinder the pregnancies.

Once the cyst reaches certain size, your doc may recommend surgical removal. The recovery will be much easier compared to the years of pain that caused.

Take care of your health. Keep up with your exercise schedule and eat healthy; typical symptom of lethargy may cause rapid weight gain.

3. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks poovai for replying.
    It was just a finding when I did my regular checkups. But so far I hadn't had the feel of it ever since it popped up in the scan. Doc also brushed it aside saying it very small so let's not worry. But she said we'll monitor.
    Had I not done the scan I wouldn't hav known it in first place coz I had no symptoms at all..everything was normal..

Now all of sudden my ICs got a little painful last 2 times and I'm wondering if it's the cyst that'd playing the game. Btw I have a ds close to 3 yrs. I don't think I had then.
    Anyways I'm visiting the doc ths weekend. Let's see.