Parakkum Siddhar,is this really true

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Mar 12, 2008.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi shanthi,

please do not hesitate to share such things.

the information on the mercury lingam and the vibuthi on lingam is really mindblowing.

you must have heard about this "Navabashanam" which is prepared by Siddhars. one such siddar by name "Bogar" is well known for making this "Navabashanam".

Bogar is a Siddhar, he is considered as one of the 18 siddhars born in the world.

Bogar anticipating that in due course of period, human beings will suffer from large number of disease. As an expert in medicine he used 4448 rare herbs and made 9 poisonous medicine, mixing these 9 poisons into one needs great knowledege and skill, to make a Master Medicine ( One medicine to cure all disease ).

With the consultation of Agasthiar ( Father of Ayurvedic Medicine) and other siddhars Bogar mixed the 9 poisons ( Nava Bashanam ) and made the Master Medicine in the form of Lord Murugan which was worshiped at Palani Murugan temple. There is a place near Palani Hill called Thanasiappan Temple which is the place were Bogar mixed the Nava Bashanam and made the Murugan idol.

Bogar and others then decided that by using the milk and panchamirtham ( a sweet recipe ) poured on the idol, one can extract the medicine from the idol.

The milk and panchamritham then becomes medicine to cure disease. After installing Lord Murugan Navabashana idol at the Palani Hill, Bogar used to worship it with milk abishegam ( pouring milk on the idol ) and panchamirtha abishegam ( pouring panchamirtham on the idol ).

His disciple Pulipani siddhar then took over the job of Lord Murugan pooja after Bogar went into Nirvigalpa Samadhi - the highest samadhi stage; where the Mind dissolves with Matter and Energy

Now - you must have heard of the status of original "Navabashanam" of Lord Muruga in Pazhani.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vanaja,

Thanks yaar about patiently listening to this. there are lots of stories and happenings that MIL had witnessed (MIL was inclined too spiritually, was in contact with people from all walks)

She told me a lot about bogar, and people who are still talking to bogar. but i don't remember any names.

Yes, I heard about the navapashanam. And also heard that they can still do it. only a hand picked few know the secret..not sure whether it is true. even about converting iron into gold. so many secrets are there in nature.

And here i would like to tell, siddhar need not always be the ones with beard and parnaphelia. there are few who lead very normal life like us..

Recently heard from one of an acquaintance about a goni siddhar (sakku sami..) and then after a few days i heard the same was used by some serial...

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for taking time and explaining it to me. I did not find anything in the Video. May be i will have to give it another shot.

Dear vanaja,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi shanvy,

converting iron into gold! great info.

yes, like you i have heard of few doing navabashanam even today. i have heard of a couple engaged in this work taught by a siddar to them.

came to know that couple need to undergo severe rites to make idols out of navabashanam. they remained childless for years to complete the work - even "that" comes under the rites.

5. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi shanthi,

did you see the serial Ethuvum nadakkum(i am not sure of the serial name) about siddhars in Thirunelveli hills in Raj Tv.The serial went well, but i could not see the final episodes.I think they stopped it bluntly.We have so many hidden treasures .We are talking about surgeries in modern times but history tells these are done by siddhars long ago.Do you have belief in nadi Jhosyam.These are also written by siddars.

Please give complete details of Thiruvannamalai in my thread on temples.I have not visited thriuvannamalai even once.I and my hus love visiting historic temples but somehow even after planning we couldnot visit Thiruvannamalai which is hardly 4 hrs from bangalore.I think only if annamalayan calls us we can see him.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Vanaja,

I used to think that I was gathering all wrong information. the more we discuss, here i understand whatever i have learnt from people around me, mil's circle was true.

yes gold from iron, they use certain procedures and mantras for that.

Yes people go to any extent of sacrifice for achieving certain things.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

krithika,

sorry yaar. I never watch serials. i am more news buff. Some serials like the one you talk always end abruptly as they would foot their foot in, but the depth would not be guaged and they land up in problems..

yes siddhars have done surgeries, naadis all are there from good olden days. but today there are lot of people who misuse the siddhar's names. and there are people who have started using naadi joshiyam for their own benefits..

So whom you see matters. I am not the right person to give details about thiruvannamalai. there is so much to talk about it..i don't think i can do justice to that place.

Nothing happens without his consent.

Let us see if somebody wants to write on that.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mals,

You are welcome.

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear friends

Its really amazing to hear all these news abt siddhars..........

Thank u Vanaja .for detailed reply...its very very interesting to hear.and only today morning in Kalaignar Tv i saw an interview my some siddha peson and he explained abt this NAVABASHANAM and e vrything abt siddha medicine.how it works..hjow they prepare etc....accidnentally i saw that for very short time........

Shanthi.......dont thnik that way onceagain.......u gather all useful informations and sharing with us too........very nice of u.........and really we are thankful to u also....for provding us whatever information we need not only in this topic but in all.........

10. maya08

maya08 Senior IL'ite

wow...that's a lot of interesting facts i have found out in the last half an hour....thanks ladies.....great posts....keep them coming....

i had watched the video, but somehow, instead of feeling a sense of awe/wonder that you would get after seeing something so mystical happening in front of your eyes, i get an empty feeling...something about that video did not seem authentic...
    and sorry for questioning...but how can you believe that video...isnt it possible for any special effects to have been done....moreover...like mentioned in a previous thread, the video is not clear at all....no doubt it has been taken using a mobile phone....but it seems to have been blurred on purpose....and as for the siddhar flying up in the air...it looked as if it was straight out of a cartoon(sorry ladies)....
    i believe in siddhars and their miraculous healing powers....even shanthi ma'ams experience....in fact i have read that it is our siddhars who were the founders of surgical medicine...they were the pioneers in performing surgeries dating back thousands of years ago....but this video just seems too ridiculous for words...

i know there will a blast of posts coming soon...im prepared for it...so ladies...bring it on...i really want to here all your opinions...
    thanks for reading my post patiently(or impatiently)...

cheers
    maya