Parakkum Siddhar,is this really true

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by vkrithika1, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

2. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

Hai
    thank you very much for the wonderful clipping.Right now i am in boston, i would have
    missed this clipping but for you.thanks a lot
    I am really dying to meet such wonderful souls
    subbi

3. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

hi subbi,

Thanks.

YAM PETRA INBAN PERUGA IVVAYAM.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

'

Mals,

The topic is about Siddhar. Siddhars are shaivate saints who practiced rituals and practices and also have left us their teachings, like what we call the siddha style of treatment, along many other things.
    Siddhars were saints, doctors, mysticists all at once and they are said be present even today at places like kollimalai, thiruvannamalai, thirunelveli and all.

To name a few of them, bhogar (whose palm leaf predictions are famous in astrology circles.), the pambatti siddhar,kakabhujandar.... (I wish my MIL was alive..she will list the whole names and what was special about them.. )

And in this particular clip, during the giripradakshina at tiruvannamalai, one person caught this sequence in his mobile camera , which shows a person with beard and all, just flying off...and is also not walking on the ground.

Now go back watch the video and express your opinion.

5. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

Thanks.Sorry i did not understand her question.

6. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi,

Thanks for the video link.

Siddhars are saints in India, mostly of the Saivaite denomination in Tamil Nadu, who professed and practised an unorthodox type of Sadhana, or spiritual practice, to attain liberation. Yogic powers called Siddhis are acquired by constant practice of certain yogic disciplines. Those who acquire these Siddhis are called Siddhas. Siddhars are people who are believed to control and transcend the barriers of time and space by meditation (Yoga), after the use of substances called Rasayanas that transform the body to make it potentially deathless, and a particular breathing-practice, a type of Pranayama.

Typically Siddhars were saints, doctors, alchemists and mysticists all at once. They wrote their findings, in the form of poems in Tamil language, on palm leaf which are collected and stored in what are known today as Palm leaf manuscript, today still owned by private families in Tamil Nadu and handed down through the generations, as well as public institutions such as Universities the world over (India, Germany, Great Britain, U.S.A.).

In this way Siddhars developed, among other branches of a vast knowledge-system, what is now known as Siddha medicine, practised mainly in Tamil Nadu as Traditional native medicine. A rustic form of healing that is similar to Siddha medicine has since been practised by experienced elderly in the villages of Tamil Nadu, and is popularly known as Paatti Vaitthiyam, Naattu marunthu and Mooligai marutthuvam.

They are also founders of Varmam - a martial art for self-defence and medical treatment at the same time. Varmams are specific points located in the human body which when pressed in different ways can give various results, such as disabling an attacker in self-defence, or balancing a physical condition as an easy first-aid medical treatment.

Siddhars have also written many religious poems. It is believed that most of them have lived for ages, in a mystic mountain called Sathuragiri, near Thanipparai village in Tamil Nadu.

One of the best-known Siddhars was Agasthyar or Agasthya, who is believed to be the founding father of Siddha culture.

Abithana Chintamani states Siddhars are either of the 9 or 18 persons enlisted, but sage Agastyar states that there are many who precede these and follow 9 or 18 persons. Many of the great Siddhars are regarded to have powers magical and spiritual.

Now ladies,

You can find many Siddhar Samadhis around the Thiruvannamalai hill. Those Siddhars have said to be attained Jeeva Samadhi (attaining samadhi with the life in the body).

Some people say that when you listen carefully in certain Jeeva Samadhis, you can hear to the "breath" of the Siddhars.

That person who saw the Siddhar is really fortunate.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vanaja,

Thanks for the loads of info. Yes I have experienced the breathing sounds. Infact, the first time, the first time I went girivalam, I had a soulful tambura sound guiding me,which when i think about now also, feels so divine.

Veda's guru was a seshadri swamigal disciple.

My MIL and FIL, wanted to go to the ashram. they had gone at 3.00 in the morning and being so dark did not know how to go about girivalam and were little scared. then there came a old man and helped them see the whole place. My father in law still says, that the man was exactly like swamigal with the same beard and all. and on returning, he told my inlaws to go and have a darshan in the sanctum and he will come in a few minutes, he never came back.

When veda and I were in coonoor, we had the opportunity of visiting a interior estate. Had been to the home of one his colleagues there. they showed us two lingams in a box. (very small) and told us a siddhar gave them to them it was made of mercury, and if u keep them covered the cover breaks...And also told us that he frequented the temple nearby.

Being a full moon we were asked to wait and see the miracles in the temple..they kept it a suspense till then. by 6.30 we were so restless. the doors of the temple were closed. we did not know what was happening. they asked us to see through a key hole in the back side of the garbagriham. what i saw made me dumbstruck. there was vibuthi archana on the lingam...continuosly..and a film of vibuthi was covering the black lingam..and nobody was seen physically. it is supposed that the siddhar had taken samadhi there, and comes to do pooja every poornima.

certain things in life, cannot be explained and is beyond the logics of the mind, and having experienced them personally, I believe in them.

Keep watching, will write about veda's experience with a siddhar in the snippets, or our blog one day as he is pressed for time.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  8. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi shanthi,

I can't really believe this.But actually i started this thread for this purpose only.

Thanks a lot.i do not know what happened to me when i was reading your blog.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks a lot.

BowBowBowBowBowBowBowBowBowBowBow

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

krithika,

When i wrote this, I was assuming people are going to think what a crazy family and this is just only tip of the whole lot of stories and miracles that we have seen happening in our life.

It is like unless, you experience, your practical mind will not accept certain things.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rach

Rach New IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

This was a really great news, i like reding about such miracles, please tell us more about this. Even i had seen this video, but only now i understood, who siddhar's are.........

Thank you

Rachna