1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paradox!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Life is always a bundle of things Latha, you are right. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A touching story rgs and a true paradox, an atheist praying for her religious son.... yes, i do wonder what she was praying for.... for his prolonged life or for his peaceful depart!!

Akila

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for digging this out and providing nice feedback Akila. Actually, I wrote this story based on the inspiration that I had from the story I read. I give it below [already in page 1 of this blog] again for you.
    I cannot still forget that fantastic short story by Ku. Azhagirisamy / Ku.Pa. Rajagopalan [not sure] in tamil on this line. Written around fifties, but will live in me for ever. The story goes like this - A noted atheist is turned down by all doctors and lost all his money too, for saving his only son from an ailment. Not bearing the thought of losing, he tries all things possible and finally, reluctantly agrees to tie a one rupee coin in a turmeric water dipped cloth on a Purattasi saturday, praying Lord Venkatachalapathi, that he would bring his son to His abode, later. A month or so later, his friend comes back after a long trip to see him totally changed - he had that 'namam' and reciting azhwar pasuram, going to the temple. His friend asked him whether his son was alright, due to His grace. He smiles and says, "No. He took him to be with Him!". What an extraordinary last line!

-rgs