1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paradise!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 8, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

"So what do you feel about paradise?", Prabhu was asked all of a sudden, when he was briskly walking in the park. Irritated, he looked at the one who asked. It was another old man almost of his age. He had that child like smile too. Prabhu cooled a bit and said, "But why would you like to know that Sir?".

"I am Ravi and I do freelance reporting to a couple of local weeklies. One of my assignments is to ask some unexpected questions to anybody and get their spontaneous responses. You don't know how interesting it is, to observe different answers to a same question! Will you answer my question please?", he insisted. Prabhu said, "Oh! Whenever I am really happy, I feel as though I live in paradise. Be it that 10 minute odd nap after lunch or the mild exhaustion and sweat that I get after this walk or the little moments of bliss that I enjoy when my wife surprises me with a delicacy that I like! Fine. How about you?", he asked back.

"Me? I feel very happy when I am active and do something that gives me satisfaction. After what seemed to be an eternal 3 months of medicines and physiotheraphy that I had to undergo after I suffered a stroke, I felt so good just to stand without support!", he said.

"Each day feels like paradise now!", he concluded.

2. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Another good story with great message, rgs :) have a happy weekend!

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs,

Amazing!!!

Some years back I had an ankle fracture. After the plaster and all the treatment...physiotherapy started. After a few days when I was able to put a few steps on my own without crutches or any help...that was paradise!!! When I could climb up and down the stairs that was paradise!!! I used to show visitors how I can walk or climb stairs without support as if it is a big achievement!!! Your blog took me back to nostalgia.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RGS dear awesome story with message. Like Shyamala mentioned for me also it was paradise when I started walking on my own after hip bone fracture in 1991 when I was in bed for two months after operation and then another operation and then physiotheraphy, then walking with crutches and finally started walking without crutches. I think after nearly 3 months.

The most beautiful thing in this world is to see your parents smiling ,and the next best thing is to know that…..you r the reason behind that SMILE

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Strangerrr. Very happy to receive yours as first and wish you a happy weekend too. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Very happy to know that, Syamala. And glad to read and know now that you are fully fit and had that moments of joy too. Thanks for sharing this. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Oh! Sorry to hear that you had to suffer Viji Madam. Very happy to know that you became alright. Shows your attitude and resilence. Very glad to know that you've won. Thanks for sharing. -rgs

8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A great blog rgs!! seldom do we realize the worth of many things we take for granted, until one day when it is no longer ours. We we regain it we treasure even the simplest of it, because we have realized its true worth!! Thanks for the wonderful post :)

Akila

9. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Akila, for your appreciation and the crisp sum-up. -rgs