Paradise Divided

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Balajee, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Time only will tell how it goes. Right now the question will be what next?
    What I find amusing is to suggest that decision taken by Nehru and his team was "shortsightedness". We all know circumstances of the day influence the decisions and it is always easy to find faults with them. Those who sit on the decision making seat are expected to take decisions, then and there.
    Governments are expected to take decisions. In this case, there is however, a tinge of so called 'Nationalism'.
    There is one more pertinent questions. Has the Government accepted that are under Pakistan is not Kashmir? Have we dropped the idea of getting it back? Was this is what was discussed by Modi with Trump? I would say if it is so, there will be more problems. Kashmiris will not accepted. They want Independent United Kashmir and that includes POK.

Agathinai likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Precvisely Murano we are not living in a democracy but the dictatorship of brute majority that in the arrogance of almost absolute power will do anything.

Murano likes this.
  3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

KP fled due to insurgency out of fear and Kashmiri Muslims stayed their despite insurgency and lost many Lives too that too in thousands .. not comparing but giving a perspective

KPs suffered that does not mean you can make other community suffer too ... it is not a revenge program ....

How Many KP will go there now after The change ... they will not go even now as long as insurgency is there ... earlier govt was offering monetary assistance to go back but very few took it up because of insurgency ....

There is an author who has written a book on KPs and is usually very vocal in all debates around KP and is currently circulating videos that all Kashmiris are celebrating , he tweeted today the they Miss home and want to go but cannot go there as nothing is left , he says they will go there when coffee houses return and cinema house returns ... this is the reality ...

If you want to grant property rights to Kashmiri women who marry outside the same article can be changed as it has been changed Earlier and was diluted by earlier govts too without having to put people under lockdown and arresting all the political leaders ... also I believe there is Supreme Court decision which kind of negates this provision , just heard no details though .

I remember most people hailed half baked demonetization too , now economy is in doldrums with worst job growth in 4 decades and just now reports coming out that lake of jobs lost in auto industry ...So what looks as a good optics may not turn out to be good always ....

Balajee and Viswamitra like this.
  4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Kind of logic all the supporters use to support this party who want to
    Appear moderates but ultimately the same supporters are giving strength to bad policies.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Propaganda trumps common sense ...

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hariji the idea of getting back POK has been dropped long ago. Let us face it we can;t try to wrest it without goi ng to war and there is no guarantee that the war will not turn nuclear. As for Nehru he made many shortsightedon J&K decisions/ First he should have told the then rulers to join the Indian union without Ifs and buts and should not have promised a plebiscite on Kashnir;s status. His worsr shortsighted act on Kashmir was taking the matter to UN before completely driving out the Pak intruders from Kashmir. As a result we have POK or "Azad{ Kashmir.

7. Murano

Murano Guest

just a thought: a new born at that time would be 70 now and if was taken out of j&k and if surviving elsewhere, would he/she want to return back?

it is only the aggressive business community in close quarters with political fronts will benefit, not excluding the relegious businessmen.

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

While I am no 'bhakt' of the BJP, I will certainly support whatever actions I feel are justified. I will also stand against steps which I don't find to be so. Good or bad policy ..... that only time can tell. Right now I doubt too many have questions about the necessity of removing the above two articles. The question was how it was done. Ladakh has been demanding UT status since decades. Jammu is very happy. That leaves us with Kashmir. Most of the poor people are happy leading their daily lives. That leaves us then with the separatist elements, Pakistanis who funded them and the politicians who have ripped the Kashmiris of their money.

As for Hindus leaving out of fear, they were threatened on loudspeakers from mosques and asked to leave overnight. Their women were not safe and they were certainly not going to wait to find out. Trying to make it appear that it was something they did out of choice and that it was not a pogrom ..... well, I end my arguments here.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

The state has been divided into two parts.
    Ladakh and J& K.
    People of ladakh have been asking to be made a U T for ages. So have people of jammu.Why should they have to suffer for no fault of theirs?
    Both these regions have been asking to seperation.

The speech by the Ladakh MP in parliament explains it.

10. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

The ladakhMPs speech in parliament itself says it all. Where there has been complete inaction under the guise of article 370, The prime minister has now taken a great bold step in trying to undo all the issues and lack of development in the region. I am not speaking from the point of view of any political party. However, where there is an attempt to bring in some level of development by creating administrative feasibilities, opposing for the sake of doing so , doesnt make any sense. Ofcourse there is bound to be some chaos especially created by people with vested interests like terrorists in the region , I feel it is a step in the right direction and people of India should rise above party lines and thoughts and support such a move. Only time will tell the success that is aimed for, but it is the duty of all concerned to not cause hindrances at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.