1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm Shift

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 11, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Our mind is limited by the paradigm we have created over a period through our past karma, upbringing, childhood experiences, emotions, impulses, values inherited as well as developed and our regular habits. Our personal growth and development are somewhat restricted with these constraints. Most of our past actions embed repercussions into our encryption and only a portion of such encryption is released through thoughts. Experiences that are suitable to such thoughts appear in our lives to face such repercussions.

The western philosophy teaches us to alter the paradigm by changing our habits, how we deal with our thoughts and thereby alter our lives and the outcome of our experiences. In this philosophy, life’s purpose is known by living in the present moment, changing our thoughts and watching what happens around us constantly. The mind is a mystery and how do we alter that without its knowledge?

According to the eastern philosophy, the thoughts emanating in the moment are the ripples, but every thought does create further impressions, emotions, and energy into our body. There is nothing called mind and it is just a cauldron of thoughts. Rising above the ripples of our mind is the way to experience life to its fullest. Every human being has the capacity to experience the pure and unsullied consciousness that can provide expanded perception towards life when one raises above the narrow surface reality of the mind. The only way to rise above the ripples of your mind is to observe our collection of thoughts also known as mind. When you observe, slowly the waves of the mind, slows down and you lift the spiritual energy from within to change the frequency of our body, mind and heart. It works like picking up the FM radio waves with better clarity when compared to AM radio waves. The mind holds control over the body through senses. The senses can’t be controlled at the moment of impulse. The influence of the senses in the mind can’t be understood only through observance.

When we observe our sensation, in different situation of our life, we begin to understand how our mind controls our life through senses. Not all sensations are incorrect but not being aware of why such sensation occurs is a problem. When we are unaware about the happening of the events of our life, we slip away from the truth. The nature of the mind is to expand and when the attention of the mind is divided into hundred things, our mind shows different direction at the same time to choose from, and in our unawareness, we also unconsciously move into that direction. The focus is lost in the process.

When we begin using the power of consciousness, we get clarity about the specific directions and what choice to make and let go things that are unimportant and hindrance to the growth. The mind is quiet after Shusupti (after deep sleep) and that is the great time to understand the senses and processes of the mind. With that power of observation, we could stretch the same skills, at the time of chaotic situations of our life. Living in our mind is like living unconsciously. The mind can change our world very quickly. But if we begin observing our mind and senses, we can connect it to our core and take control over our life.

Observing mind involves rising above the mind and become an observer. The deeper you move, the lesser becomes the speed of the thought process and the quality of thoughts replaces the quantity of your thought process. The mystery of life lies at the no-thought state. When we move deeper, the spiritual energy rises higher, which serves you to improve the quality of thoughts and emotions and with it, you have better energy for the actions.

Body, mind, and heart are connected with the breath. The attention of the mind comes from the deeper part of the mind. The mind, heart, and body move in a circle. The mind creates thoughts, which further forms emotions and the same emotions turns into an energy which compels the body to act. The same action turns into an impressions and experiences of the mind and the same circle repeats itself. The patterns of life are followed by the patterns of our thoughts and the patterns of thoughts are followed by inner flowing life energy. By relying on our inner strength, we can alter our thoughts and resultant life. We enter the world through the encryption in our mind and exit also with the encryption in our mind. The path for liberation is how we observe it and effectively use our inner consciousness to drive that great tool called mind.

Let us not get bogged down by the thoughts emanating from our mind, out of our past karma to be executed through our body, heart and senses. It is the job of the mind. We are not the body, mind, heart or senses. We are a supreme soul with enormous energy to not only limit our sufferings life after life but also liberate us. Invoking that consciousness to shift our paradigm is essential.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Amica, jskls and satchitananda like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

This is so important to remember and to try and put into practice! Will certainly try to do this regularly.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    You have tried to give the essence of Ramana Maharishi and Jiddu Krishnamurthy,combined as a fragrant floral garland.The garland is made out of roses which have to carefully removed. It is not an easy task, though not an impossible one.It took nearly 45 mts for me to analyse what you have stated ,leave alone absorption and assimilation.

On many a time I used to think whether it is practical to do your duty without attaching much importance to'I' and in due course it will automatically land us in a situation of being careful observers, without making any specific attempt to observe and without being dragged into the unintelligible philosophies of JK ,Ramana and others.In due course the distinction between the observer and the observed has to vanish.
    When we practice observing,our ego intervenes and results in a self boasting attitude, which we may not easily distinguish between spiritual observation and egoistic observation.This wrong observing may do us more harm than good.
    Karmanyeva adhikarasthe 'seems better suited to the commoner rather than plunging into too technical - an observer path.

Jayasala 42

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Hi Satchi,

Thank you for your first positive response. We all try and fall and raise again in our endeavors but the important thing is not to give up.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

Thank you for your interesting response. I have studied Ramana Maharishi's teachings a lot but very little I read about JK's writings and philosophy. Only connection I can establish with him is Adyar.

You have correctly pointed out that observer and observed will have to vanish at some point. Frankly, Observer, act of observation and observed are all one and the same is the ultimate truth.

Even in "Karmanyeva adhikarasthe" Sloka, we are advised to keep doing duty with no expectation of the outcome. But when we pay attention to doing actions to the best of our ability, complete involvement in what we do lovingly and selflessly with no expectations of a particular outcome, that act becomes meditative state and leaves us free from bondage of that particular action.

By nature, I have become an observer and analyst of every detail of my thinking, comprehension, action, result, feeling, emotion, impact it created on others, etc. and hence I am influenced to write more about it always. Forgive me for being repetitive.

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

As always an interesting but a tough read!

I experience this
    during intense moments of anger - unawareness of anger rising. I have been able to focus many other negative emotions meaning I have been able to observe them and take necessary steps to get a better result. I am not prone to anger for the most part and rarely when it raises its head, I cannot tell before hand and that annoys me. But like you have also said, it is always work in progress. With so much of baggage from so many births, never know what brings what reaction. Study of self is fascinating as long we don't let it become egotistical.

Being aware of the different directions the mind takes and choosing the one that will help us grow is the challenge. Being aware is the first challenge, then making choices and then doing that consistently! When I think of that and given how complicated we are as humans, I cannot help but feel thank goodness I have a chance to go at it so many times :) As much as we speak about not wanting another birth, I for one have always felt if it helps us grow why not? I believe when I feel that way, my focus shifts to enjoying the world (not in the material sense), being in the present and hopefully not carrying any thing forward. I do think it is a beautiful system in place, if there is one.

Feeling a connection to our core and a disconnect with our minds is not an easy task. I am often surprised when I realize how much we live in our minds, especially when I watch my students closely. The thoughts leading to actions or the actions leading to further thoughts is such a vicious cycle. There are many a time when I just want TO BE and then the question comes as to what is that just being. Perhaps dwelling more on that might give some answers and pave a path.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Viswamitra likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

Your responses were always intriguing making one think better. Yes. When we focus on the processes we go through in difficult situations including our initial reaction, analytics inside our mind, emotions attached to such initial reaction, our apparent feeling about that situation, the positives we see in people standing with us to overcome the ordeal, etc. helps us understand our Karma and all associated inherent attitude that requires change. Paradigm consist of many and only one of them is Karma but a lot are upbringing, our own developed values, environment, our family, friendships, contribution of our senses, our body's reaction to the senses' contributions, etc.

Our having belief that there is a core above this paradigm that has enormous energy but remain dormant unless invoked with the help of the very same mind that developed the paradigm. Observing the body, mind and senses gives a good understanding of the mind helping how to make the mind to seek that help from the core. There is no need to disconnect with the mind and all we need to attempt is to have the mind listen to the voice of the core just like a child looking up to the parent to learn walk, talk and act.

The suffering we all undergo is known as Bhavaroga i.e. feeling that we are the body, mind and intellect complex ("BMI") and it is formed by the paradigm that we develop slowly as we grow. The cure for that feeling is the belief system that the core is superior and it can't be ramrodded into the mind just like that. By observing the mind (mere collection of thoughts), we need to understand it better how the emotions and feelings evolve and slowly address them in order to align it with the core.

Viswa

Srama likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

What with your threads between DMT, Paradigm shift and such, I was not surprised when I came across this Your brain hallucinates your conscious realityvideo. The understanding that I get or what I perceive as understanding gives me such solace that I cannot articulate intelligently in words. But when when the speaker says, "We predict ourselves into existence", it makes complete sense. When he says "Our own individual universe is just one possibility of being conscious" I nod in understanding. This idea is mind blowing and gives us so much understanding and when he concludes with a "With a greater sense of understanding comes a greater sense of wonder and that we are part of nature" - I am satisfied :)

It is with amazement I look at myself and all other beings around me!

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Dear Sabitha,

Isn't it humbling to know that we are all one without a second? The whole world we see in front of us and the whole world we inside of us are all manifestation of only one without a second.