1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pangs of regret......Why......?... ...?.......?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by deep2008, Aug 12, 2010.

1. deep2008

deep2008 New IL'ite

Today is the penultimate day of my short stay at my newly married daughter’s house at Pune & I am really happy to the core of my heart to see the new couple chirping away merrily with each other .It’s dot 12 noon & I have to spend my day all alone at the mercy of books,magazines, internet T.V till 6 p.m which is when she will arrive home from her office.Solitude is really frustrating & suffocating .The very thought that I will have to spend 6 more hours all alone at her cozy home is making me depressed .I can’t tell her to come early as she has assured me that she will positively take a leave tomorrow & be with me tomorrow the whole day.The very prospect of her being with me is making me exhilarated. But what should I do to kill this demon of loneliness which is confronting me today?Hven’t I defined solitude aptly?Sometimes when I put my thinking cap on I do think is n’t loneliness the worst curse which today’s life has inflicted upon us & which we are forwarding to our own flesh , our children .When my daughter will visit me next month at Jaipur,won’t she feel lonely whenI leave her all all alone at home I think with a pang.How my daughters must have felt when they were young & I left them at home at the mercy of walls of the home when I went to work.
    I am feeling nostalgic about the days which I spent in my childhood about 4 decades back at my grandmother’s house .We all sister’s & brothers used to visit our granny’s home during summer vacations every year & how she strived to make our days memorable through her culinary skills as well as her friendly nature.Every day used to be a feast day at her home as each new day started with an array of delicious dishes made by her deft hands.I am thinking will my grand children enjoy their holidays at my house with their granny away at her workplace?Won’t they will haave to wait for me till 5 o clock every day when I returned from my work all tired & weary from day’s slogging.
    Well these are the repercussions of today’s materialistic life style.Today we have got everything except time,time to act as doting kith & kin.So should n’t we proceed in such a direction where we have ample time atleast for our own flesh & blood.But today our needs & requirements have acquired such dimentions that they have begun to overweigh our tender emotions & sentiments .But then logical thinking & reasoning propels us into thinking that we should be practical enough to realize that while our children are missing the company of their mother at the age when they require them most on the other hand they are getting so many extra things & comforts because of their working moms.
    But then why am I feeling pangs of regret when I realize that my daughter will have to stay all alone at my house on her next homecoming?Will somebody answer?.....?.......?

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I re read your blog three times. Very interesting. Things have changed a lot when we were young. Mom stayed home unless she has to work because of the income or women worked as doctors form upper class family. past 40 to 50 years, most of the educated women form all the economic group want to work not only for the money, but want to be useful.
    Now we love all our comforts. So we need money for computers, phones, internet and fancy clothing. Most of the people go out eat often. It is a cycle.

The last line in your blog made me think. Yes your daughter may feel loney, but she must have friends in her home town. So relax and enjoy your vacation.