Panchayat approval?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by junkman, Oct 14, 2009.

1. junkman

junkman New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

I got a question for you. I found a plot in Urapakkam Arul Nagar which has got only Panchayat approval no dtcp or cmda approvals. Is this safe to buy? I remember reading your post that only DTCP and CMDA approved plots should be considered. Is that still holds good?

What is the risk in buying Panchayat approved plots?

Thanks in advance,

2. geejayasree

geejayasree New IL'ite

Post # 1 of JUNKMAN is a very good question posed at the right time.

There are so many properties that are offered for sale in Chennai and suburbs that are said to be "approved". Only when we probe further we come to know that the property is approved by the local Panchayat.

A few months ago I had an occasion to personally meet the authorities at the DTCP Chennai to get some clarification, including this aspect. The authorities clarified that in Tamil Nadu, only CMDA (for Chennai Metropolitan Area), DTCP and the Local Planning Authorities have been vested with powers to approve lay-outs. For that matter only these offices have the required technical manpower to carry out the approval process. There are several factors and angles involved in lay-out approval. If the lay outs are not properly approved by the competent authorities, problems are likely to crop up probably much later when approval for construction is sought.