1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings of beautiful women by master artists of bygone centuries

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Navaljee, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

[​IMG]
    Theme: Figurative paintings, Painting the bodies of Females and Males. Understanding the Paintings of natural beauty with New Perspectives.

Painting speaks though the colours. And when these colours tell us about the natural beauty of women, they speak more artistically. The hidden tone of that telling mostly remains sensual pleasure. And that has remained one of the favourite subjects for the artists.

The New Perfume

-John William Godward, ( 1914)

Here this is a painting of a woman coming out of her bath, the artist is John Godward. I have selected this to put here because it reminds me the Goddess of Love, Venus. The Venus has remained inspiration of almost all the painters while they do figurative art, especially painting natural beauty of females. (Image courtesy Wikimedia Commons)

The Figurative Art: In the following articles, the journey would be in the beautiful field of figurative paintings. The artists shown in right sidebar would be companions to the viewers who had interest in understanding the art of painting in general and the figurative art in particular. The artists here have tried injecting beauty into their paintings; and the lifeless canvases have become lively by the magical touches of bright and subdued colours of the master painters. They have used all the colours of rainbow to make male and female figures alive; they have left no hue untouched; they have left no tonal value unused.

Figurative Paintings Vs Photography: Looking to a fine art painting of natural beauty of human body is a respectable activity; whereas viewing similar photographs depicting merely skin-stock is not. We can say it like this: when the element of sex is removed from an artwork, it is fine art, enjoyable as an art piece. READ FURTHER>>>

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Beautiful paintings. I am student of Art History. I ahd no idea about different kind of paintings. After taking few classes, I have started appreciating the painting. Are you familiar with Northern Renaissance paintings. This one looks like that. Thanks for posting it. it looks more modern.

Peace Be with you.

Paintings

3. Navaljee

Navaljee Senior IL'ite

From Navaljee to Coffeelover
    Thanks for visiting my articles. You can see other articles at
    PAINTINGS OF WOMEN
    PAINTINGS GALLERIES
    PENCIL DRAWINGS

I write about old paintings, and new paintings done by my freinds. I hope you would like to look at my above sites. Tell me if you want to know more about the art of painting. at nrlanga@gmail.com

I am on Facebook as ARTIST NAVAL