1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Different Types of Paintings:: Queries

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by Vidya24, Dec 24, 2006.

1. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

re: Paintings : Mural Art Instructions

Hi,
    I have ventured into many crafts and paintings for the past 25 years and slowly now i am coming out of it and started my another interest in embroidery works. yes i have done many Murals also. I don't know how to post my works again coz i am not able to upload pics now a days. very sorry. For any doubts plz feel to ask.
    WIshes,
    v.k.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. visalamkrishnan

Hi,
    I have ventured into many crafts and paintings for the past 25 years and slowly now i am coming out of it and started my another interest in embroidery works. yes i have done many Murals also. I don't know how to post my works again coz i am not able to upload pics now a days.I am getting error message. very sorry. For any doubts plz feel to ask.
    WIshes,
    v.k.

3. aarr

aarr Gold IL'ite

Hiiiiiiiiii artisan

thanks for replying.pls tell me where is archana k c post .hope you have found mural details by shikha.

aarr

4. veronica

veronica Bronze IL'ite

Paintings : 3D Painting

Hi:rotfl
    i want to know if some body can help ? i want to know how to do relief painting ,ie ., it has a 3-D form i want to know the materials used for the same. i would appreciate ur valuable suggestions. :)

5. ArtisanMD

ArtisanMD New IL'ite

6. ArtisanMD

ArtisanMD New IL'ite

hi visalam, congrats on your silver jubilee in arts and crafts:2thumbsup:. Embroidery too is my passion. a few days back i had decorated my mother in laws' saree with kamal stitch flowers and leaves and one of my sarees with chikan embroidery and sequins work. wish i have more time to do all arts and crafts..its a very good hobby.:)

Enjoy your embroidery!!
    TThanks and regards,
    ArtisanMD

7. JustAni

JustAni Silver IL'ite

Paintings : Types of Paintings

There are many kinds of paints available for crafts....I've heard about fabric, poster, ceramic, glass, oil, acrylic, enamel, to name a few....:confused2:

I know fabric is for cloth.... poster for paper/sketch.... glass for glass... ceramic for ceramic......bonk But can I use glass on ceramic or ceramic on glass :roll: ???

Can somone give me an explaination of these & any other kind of paints available? What kind are best for what craft? & any be used for anything else other than the mentioned? :whistle

Help me please!

8. geethalakshmi

geethalakshmi New IL'ite

Paintings : Types of Painting

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the differences between doing a painting in a glass and clear plastic.....?

I have done paintings in glass. But I came across a painting done in clear plastic. So I just want to know the advantages and disadvantages of doing the painting in the clear plastic....

Thank you,

Cheers,

Geetha G

9. gvp_vishnu

gvp_vishnu New IL'ite

Paintings : Materials - Paint Brush

hi everyone,

Can anybody tell me what kind of brush should be used for glass painting. and where can i fine all the shades of glass colors of camlin in vijayawada(Andhra Pradesh).Please help me.

vishnu

10. visalamkrishnan

re: Paintings : Materials - Paint Brush

Hi,
    For the glass and ceramic paintings you have to use soft bristled brushes only. I think u can use Fine art Taklon brushes.
    All the best
    v.k.