1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Paintings : Anamorphosis - Different Art

Discussion in 'Paintings' started by kaluputti, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I found this information while browsing art sites, and felt proud about the whole thing!Want to share with you, read and enjoy!:)

<table class="article" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="greywrite">Guinness World Record Holder for the World’s Largest Anamorphosis Portrait

</td></tr> <tr><td>[​IMG]
    </td></tr> <tr><td>Awtar Singh Virdi, a world renowned artist and painter from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand India, has found a place in the Guinness Book of Records by making the world’s Largest Anamorphosis Portrait of the U.S President Mr. George W.Bush (measuring 10ft X 10ft) in 2004, and is the world's only artist available for Anamorphosis Portraits.
    'Anamorphosis' is a technique of viewing objects through an unconventional and direct medium. In this technique, when we see the drawing directly, it appears meaningless and some sort of distortion or unrecognizable odd strokes. But when it is seen through appropriate medium like a round mirror or cylindrical mirror, then the distorted image will start to take its original shape and size and reflects as a perfect figure.
    Awtar Singh Virdi is believed to be the ONLY living exponent for this kind of art and he has been perusing this art for over 45 years. This is after 400 years when Leonardo Da-Vinci first and last achieved it in the 16th century.
    It all began 45 years ago when Virdi saw his distorted reflection in a car and felt like painting it, unaware that it was an art form. His first portrait was that of a nude woman. He has since gone on to capture the images of more than 40 portraits of distinguished personalities like Mother Teresa, Ravindra Nath Tagore, Shubhash Ch. Bose, Swami Viveka Nand, Saint Asaramji, J.R.D. Tata, George W Bush (Sr), George W Bush (Jr), Shri Atal Behri Vajpai, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, Amitabh Bachchan, Kalpana Chawla, Sachin Tendulkar and Rabindranath Tagore, etc.

Read more about the amazing Awtar Singh Virdi in the following articles:
    - Kolkata Moments
    - Tatanagar.com

isn't it amazing and kudos to him for keeping our flag fly high!

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Kaluputti,
    Very very interesting, amazing...enjoyed it..dying art comes alive...
    thanks for posting it in here...

sriniketan

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kaluputti,

That is absolutely awesome.Very awesome indeed.Such a wonderful form of art.
    And so very informative too.Thankyou so much for sharing it here. A must see for every art lover!! Superb!

Love,
    Devika

4. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi, Thanks for posting such an wonderful art. It is Amazing. Many will not be knowing about this art, including me. Once again thanks for sending this great art with details.
    with wishes and have a good day.
    v.k.

5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

HI

What a fantastic information. Was amazed reading through the note. Thanks for sharing the information.

regards
    Vidya

6. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Helo
    Wonderful idea.
    Thanks for sharing
    viji

7. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends, when I saw that article, I was totally surprised that I hadn't heard about such an art form, and when I learnt that he was the only artist doing that form of art, an Indian, I just could not contain myself and wanted to share it with everybody, especially here where there are lots who appreciate any type of creativity, and who can pass it on to others too.Thanks for taking the time to view and to give feedback!Bow

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kaluputti,

I was wondering about what was anamorphosis..Thanks for sharing. Now I have learnt about one more art form. Will share it with the children.

9. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi,
    A truly amazing art never heard before.... how does one conceive of such ideas... hatz off.:bowdown
    vidya

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi kaluputti,

thanks for sharing...had not heard of this form of art...something really new and the only person to practise it...an indian..WOW...

mindi