1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Painless vaccinations for infants

Discussion in 'Infants' started by vanessadsouza, Feb 6, 2010.

1. vanessadsouza

vanessadsouza New IL'ite

Hi, My son is 50 days now and he is due for his vaccination.Doc suggested that we give him painless vaccination, i dont mind giving that
    even though it is expensive...but i wanted to know if it is any effective..
    is it really painless as they claim...please need ure suggestions n opinions.

Vanessa

2. akshu02

akshu02 Senior IL'ite

DD was given painless DTP last month. They are called Gentle DTP. They are far better than the conventional ones. These vaccines stand by for it's name. They are gentle and DD had no discomfort after the shots. No fever, no pain.

I also asked the same question as you to the doc and he said, we could sue the company incase, it wasnt effective. Guess it mus be effective.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Are you talking about acellular pertussis. We did do that in the place of DTP, but there is always an element of pain. I wonder at the promise of painless vaccine. DTP is supposedly horrendous with the kid, DS did well on the first DTaP, but the second and the final one did not go well, his shot spot swelled up quite a bit and he was crying nonstop for a couple of days. Perhaps DTP is worse?

4. babychinnu

babychinnu Senior IL'ite

Hi Vanessa,

all the three vaccinations for my baby (in the first 3 months) were painless ones. We planned them in Fernandez hospital in Hyd. She did not have any pain or fever. But, the on the 3rd vaccine day, she was cranky. But, when i touched/pressed lightly the thigh on which vaccination was given, she did not shout. I thought she is not getting pain.

As discussed in other thread, even Doyel is shouting like anything while sleeping in the nights. A span of 15 mins-45 mins shouting became compulsary these days before sleeping. Hope this phase passes soon.

You can surely rely on painless vaccination in a good hospital.

chirandeep.

5. vanessadsouza

vanessadsouza New IL'ite

Thanks Chirandeep, i am always a bit paranoid about everything, want to make doubly sure. Hope i can be in touch with you in case i need any info from you.
    Thanks once again

6. vanessadsouza

vanessadsouza New IL'ite

thanks a lot...very kind of u..

7. vanessadsouza

vanessadsouza New IL'ite

Do vaccination times give grief to parents...